How Australia treats refugees

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I've put this under crimes and trials because I believe this trully is a crime.

My experience as a nurse on Christmas Island changed the core of my being | Emma Hunter | Comment is free | theguardian.com

The Sri Lanken situation is dispicable and if you keep up with Australian politics you'd see why. Ever since this new government came in there has been a new line of retoric over the refugee situation. Wording like Illegal immigrants, border protection, Silence and no info from the government about what's happening to these people once they land here.

Fast tracking sri lankens back to a country that will kill them ...........and yes we already know some have been killed by their own government after being sent back. The fact that Tony Abbott just gave Sri Lanka two ships and has ignored UN warnings of atrocities happening htere and then he turns around and says Sri lanka should be congratulated and not judged.

These people are not coming into this country and hiding . They are openly seeking asylum. Asylum seekers are NOT Criminals but this government is proving to be.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 2xpmh.html

Basically, Tony Abbott has given the Nazis' bullets for their firing squads. I'm so ashamed to be an Australian at this time.

Mr Abbott came to CHOGM, a multi-lateral meeting of 53 member nations, with an entirely domestic agenda. He needed Sri Lankan support to combat people smuggling, and so was unwilling to criticise his hosts.

While human rights concerns – forced abductions, torture, and extrajudicial killings by state forces, land seizures by the military, and oppression of political opponents – dominated every public CHOGM event, Abbott sidestepped these at every turn.

"We accept that sometimes in difficult circumstances, difficult things happen," he said of torture allegations, instead focusing on the progress that had been made, and on Australia's co-operation at sea.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Asylum seekers and refugees | Australian Human Rights Commission

Thems the rules right?

Now look a this

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 2xctc.html

Return to “Crimes Trials”