More Images ...

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

More Images ...

Post by jones jones »

Agnetha Faltskog, circa 1970 ... The first image I have ever found featuring this beauty on her own; Garden in Quinta Regaleira Palace on Portugal; Mia Farrow, c. 1965 this cutie was so cool before she started adopting like 13 kids after getting involved with one Woody; hello Dolly Parton; Staircase hidden in New Hampshire Forrest; For the Hindu Festival of Color ... I so lurve these colors;

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
G#Gill

More Images ...

Post by G#Gill »

What fascinating stairs, Jj. Any idea what structure they used to be in ? Seems so odd to see a stone staircase, obviously man-made, in the middle of what appears to be a large wood, even a forest ! :thinking:

There is certainly nothing wrong with your eyes Jj, judging from the selection of really good-looking ladies. Any particular reason for picking these particular ladies' photos ? ;)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

More Images ...

Post by G#Gill »

Did a tiny bit of research and came up with this interesting document !

Madame Sherri Forest's Spooky Staircase - New Hampshire Magazine - October 2009

It seems incredible that a mansion/castle that was only built in the early 20th century, and seemed to be constructed of stone, should have fallen into such a ruinous state and to have only a stone staircase to survive in such a comparitively short time ! :thinking:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AnneBoleyn

More Images ...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thank you Gill for that fascinating story of the staircase!
LarsMac

More Images ...

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill;1450524 wrote: Did a tiny bit of research and came up with this interesting document !

Madame Sherri Forest's Spooky Staircase - New Hampshire Magazine - October 2009

It seems incredible that a mansion/castle that was only built in the early 20th century, and seemed to be constructed of stone, should have fallen into such a ruinous state and to have only a stone staircase to survive in such a comparitively short time ! :thinking:

The principle building was wood construction. either the wood used for building was cheap, or some disastrous event, like a fire, consumed all but the stone elements, like chimneys and steps.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
jones jones

More Images ...

Post by jones jones »

G#Gill;1450521 wrote: What fascinating stairs, Jj. Any idea what structure they used to be in ? Seems so odd to see a stone staircase, obviously man-made, in the middle of what appears to be a large wood, even a forest ! :thinking:

There is certainly nothing wrong with your eyes Jj, judging from the selection of really good-looking ladies. Any particular reason for picking these particular ladies' photos ? ;)

Hi Gilly ... Thanks for your comments.

There is so much on our planet today that is really ugly, but because I love beauty in any shape or form, I try to see past the ugliness.

I have a simple method I use to choose images. I find a source then scan thru the images. I am gifted in that the moment I see an image I instantly know if I should add it to my collection or not.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Return to “Photography More”