Ebola.....why?

Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

Fear and frustration as Guinea struggles to contain Ebola outbreak

Why in this day and age are conditions still ripe for such outbreaks?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

Ebola.....why?

Post by Snowfire »

My first thought is, is that it's not a problem that affects the developed world. They turn their back for the most part, as they did with malaria and to start with, AIDS.

Not enough profit in it

Now Malaria is making a comeback in the Western world, they will probably take it much more seriously. Lets hope that includes stuff like Ebola
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Saint_

Ebola.....why?

Post by Saint_ »

Add to that the fact that viruses and bacteria have billions of years experience in adaptation and mutation. (See: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus - MRSA)
recovering conservative

Ebola.....why?

Post by recovering conservative »

Bruv;1451368 wrote: Fear and frustration as Guinea struggles to contain Ebola outbreak

Why in this day and age are conditions still ripe for such outbreaks?

I think we have a clear, definitive answer to your opening question, now that Ebola is spreading, and some of the jet-setting big money capitalists around the world, are becoming concerned that a lethal disease that only affects dark people, may land on them also!

It's all about money, because that's what determines which diseases and disease epidemics are treated seriously, and which ones are not! For anyone who still manages to believe in the wisdom of the market and supply and demand will sort things out, disease and health issues provide a clear example of how capitalism fails the majority who have less money/ in favour of privileged minorities:

No Treatment or Vaccine for Ebola, but a $1000 Pill for Hepatitis C

By Roy M. Poses, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Brown University, and President of FIRM, the Foundation for Integrity and Responsibility in Medicine, a not-for-profit organization (NGO) designed to raise awareness of external threats to the core values in health care as the first step toward addressing them. Originally published at Health Care Renewal.

Economics, not Science the Reason for Lack of Medical Options for Ebola

The reason there are no vaccines or treatments available for Ebola does not appear to be the scientific difficulty involved in developing them. Vox also published a discussion for the economic genesis of the problem:

Researchers have devoted lots of time to building a vaccine that could stop the disease altogether — and according to Daniel Bausch, a Tulane professor who researches Ebola and other infectious diseases, they’re making really significant progress.

Bausch says that the obstacle to developing an Ebola vaccine isn’t the science; researchers have actually made really great strides in figuring out how to fight back against Ebola and the Marburg virus, a similar disease.

‘We now have a couple of different vaccine platforms that have shown to be protective with non-human primates,’ says Bausch, who has received awards for his work containing disease outbreaks in Uganda. He is currently stationed in Lima, Peru, as the director of the emerging infections department of Naval Medical Research Unit 6.

The problem, instead, is the economics of drug development. Pharmaceutical companies have little incentive to pour research and development dollars into curing a disease that surfaces sporadically in low-income, African countries. They aren’t likely to see a large pay-off at the end — and could stand to lose money.

Prof Bausch elaborated,

These outbreaks affect the poorest communities on the planet. Although they do create incredible upheaval, they are relatively rare events. So if you look at the interest of pharmaceutical companies, there is not huge enthusiasm to take an Ebola drug through phase one, two, and three of a trial and make an Ebola vaccine that maybe a few tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of people will use.

Of course, that assumes that this outbreak, like previous ones, will remain relatively confined, at least to Africa.

The 10/90 Gap

So the implication is that had things been otherwise, those in developed countries now worried that Ebola could spread their way could have been reassured by the availability of a vaccine, or other treatment.

The irony, if that is the right word, is that we do not have an effective treatment or vaccine for a viral disease that is relatively easily spread, and could likely rapidly kill nearly 70% of those infected. Yet in the last months, we have been arguing about how the use of an extremely expensive treatment for another viral disease that is difficult to spread, and may kill a few percent of its victims over up to 20 or 30 years after infection.

I am referring, of course, to Sovaldi, the recently announced $1000 pill for hepatitis C. Hepatitis C does affect a lot of people, including relatively affluent people in developed countries. As we noted previously, though, the majority of people infected with hepatitis C will never have serious medical repercussion from it. Small proportions of patients will eventually develop severe liver disease, including cirrhosis, liver failure, and liver cancer, and may die from the disease. (See the report by the Center for Evidence Based Policy). Yet the treatment is being promoted for all patients with hepatitis C, most of whom could not benefit from treatment. Furthermore, the evidence that treatment will actually prevent bad clinical outcomes, cirrhosis, liver failure, liver cancer, and premature death, is weak (look here). Yet considerable money was devoted to developing multiple hepatitis C treatments, with the expectation that huge amounts of money could be made from selling them.

This is an example of the 10/90 gap.

As soon as a billionaire comes down with ebola, it will be an international emergency! Further, from The Independent:

They'd find a cure if Ebola came to London

The spotlight needs to be on the poverty and squalor in which these epidemics thrive

With more than 700 deaths in West Africa since February in the largest outbreak of this devastating and almost always fatal disease, Ebola has finally made it on to the front pages. Whether this is because we are in the "silly season", or because there is now the threat of cases other than of poverty-stricken Africans, can be debated but the Cabinet's Cobra emergency committee has met, and Philip Hammond has pronounced. Ebola and Gaza are now sharing the limelight as the major news stories of the summer eclipsing domestic issues, a rare event.

Perhaps the horror of this disease as described in novelist Robin Cook's terrifying 1987 medical horror story Outbreak has something to do with it too, but faced with dramatic headlines on the one hand or ministerial reassurance on the other, what is the public meant to make of it all?

From a public health point of view, health emergencies usually fall into one of three kinds; slow burn, rising tide, or big bang. With a new infection such as this, which first emerged in 1976, as with Aids which emerged, probably from West Africa, at the same time, the lack of experience of dealing with it means that the pattern of spread is initially unclear. However, in both cases it seems that the involvement of powerless minority groups has contributed to a tardiness of response and a failure to mobilise an adequately resourced international medical response. In the case of Aids, it took years for proper research funding to be put in place and it was only when so-called "innocent" groups were involved (women and children, haemophiliac patients and straight men) that the media, the politicians and the scientific community and funding bodies took notice.

So, in trying to strike the balance between complacency and panic, we should welcome the prominence given to Ebola over the past week. Most developed countries should be able to cope with any cases that turn up in their own backyards, and the UK is no different (notwithstanding concerns about the chaos in the NHS produced by Andrew Lansley). The real spotlight needs to be on the poverty and environmental squalor in which epidemics thrive, and the failure of political leadership and public health systems to respond effectively. The international community has to be shamed into real commitment to the millennium goals for international development if the root causes of diseases like Ebola are to be addressed. And yes, as with the cholera in British cities in the 1840's, the fact that the privileged were not exempt from being infected meant that enlightened self interest concentrated minds. In a shrinking world of long-haul flights, no reassurance by politicians can be copper-bottomed
Dr John Ashton CBE is president of the UK Faculty of Public Health
LarsMac

Ebola.....why?

Post by LarsMac »

Yup. If they cannot build a market in the US, they will see not profit in the stuff.

Maybe that is why they are bringing those Missionaries to Emory.

After watching the news the other day, and the announcer is talking about how everyone is going to be very careful, and the chances of the bug getting into the US population is almost nil, a flashback to every science fiction book and movie about some horrific plague spreading across the country came to mind. And of course in nearly every one of them there is a TV announcer saying pretty much those exact words, or something to that effect.

But after the drug company makes its billions, it will consider releasing their new vaccine to the populations in remote areas as a "humanitarian effort."
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Ebola.....why?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I read somewhere today the the West has always know about Ebola but chose to turn their backs because It " only affected Africans'.

I think there Is a huge amount of scaremongering over this. I can remember reading years ago about Western doctors and nurses dying from Ebola on missions.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

As with AIDs the word was it transferred from monkey to man, wonder when the rumours will start about it being man made to cull Africans.
LarsMac

Ebola.....why?

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1461291 wrote: I read somewhere today the the West has always know about Ebola but chose to turn their backs because It " only affected Africans'.

I think there Is a huge amount of scaremongering over this. I can remember reading years ago about Western doctors and nurses dying from Ebola on missions.

It has been a rare but nasty bug, confined to the sub-saharan regions of Africa for a long time. It seems to be another of those viruses that originated in Monkeys, and made the inter-species transfer to humans.

One of several that seem to have shown up in the seventies.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

If it wasn't for all these mutations in monkeys, we wouldn't be here at all.
recovering conservative

Ebola.....why?

LarsMac;1461286 wrote: Yup. If they cannot build a market in the US, they will see not profit in the stuff.

Maybe that is why they are bringing those Missionaries to Emory.

After watching the news the other day, and the announcer is talking about how everyone is going to be very careful, and the chances of the bug getting into the US population is almost nil, a flashback to every science fiction book and movie about some horrific plague spreading across the country came to mind. And of course in nearly every one of them there is a TV announcer saying pretty much those exact words, or something to that effect.

But after the drug company makes its billions, it will consider releasing their new vaccine to the populations in remote areas as a "humanitarian effort."

I haven't seem much information on this West Africa Ebola pandemic, but the fact that the outbreak is in West Africa might be a different strain of Ebola virus than the previous outbreaks in the Congo. In the past, Ebola outbreaks come out of nowhere, cause many deaths and then vanish after a few weeks. They may find out this strain of virus is more contagious than ones faced in the past...but, who knows. All we know is that as soon as someone rich and famous gets the disease, then it will be treated as a global emergency! That's part of the equation when money determines where health and medical resources are applied.
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

I've just seen something on the news (missed the whole report) about some woman who collapsed while getting of a plane (Luton, I think), putting everyone on that flight into quarantine as a precaution.

Regardless of how it started, or the humanitarian aspects, might it be time we considered putting a block on countries known to have it. I'm sure if there were to be a re-emergence of Smallpox we wouldn't be so blasé about it.
recovering conservative

Ebola.....why?

Oscar Namechange;1461291 wrote: I read somewhere today the the West has always know about Ebola but chose to turn their backs because It " only affected Africans'.

I believe this is the first time that western medical professionals have died from the disease....and that likely tells us more about why Ebola is pushing to the front of the headlines today, than the other details regarding the severity of this outbreak.

Roy Poses, the medical professor at Brown University quoted earlier, asked:'why are there no vaccines or treatments available for Ebola?' The answer is that...just as with so many other tropical diseases that are lethal and cause great suffering, there's not as much money to be made curing these diseases, as there is coming up with new drugs for guys who can't get an erection...for example.
josephx

Ebola.....why?

Post by josephx »

Its so terrible, and when it is far away its easy to dismiss it as some sort of 3rd, 4th world, otherworldly disease that we will never have to face. but the world is so small, you can literally be anywhere in 24 hrs. And so can this virus.

just praying for a quick end to it and hope not too many more have to suffer.

J
Oscar Namechange

Ebola.....why?

FourPart;1461325 wrote: I've just seen something on the news (missed the whole report) about some woman who collapsed while getting of a plane (Luton, I think), putting everyone on that flight into quarantine as a precaution.

She died but tested negative for Ebola.

Oh the Irony !!!

For years, the Far Right and nasty Nick Griffin has been calling for all British troops to be withdrawn from other countries except for peace keeping missions and Instead used to man our ports, ferry's, docks and airports because, let's face It. given the thousands of Illegals In this country and the amount who still manage to get In, UK Border Force are pretty Inept.

The threat of Ebola entering the UK Is not so much In controlled Immigration where airport staff are now on high alert but the ports where Illegals are coming In unchecked.

It's only a matter of time before It enters Europe.

We've all seen the Tsunami of migrants risking their lives to flee war torn parts of Africa to reach Europe so does our government not think that If Ebola totally grips West Africa, there will not be another surge of migrants carrying the virus fleeing across the sea's to Europe and the UK ?

Uk Border Force are about as effective as attempting to stop a charging Rhino by lobbing a baked bean at It.

This compounds a continuing European problem whereby EU nationals from some countries can come to the UK without having to give their details in advance. National data protection laws prevent disclosure of this advance passenger information, even while EU free movement rules allow the journey to go ahead.

Britain's real immigration problem: our E-borders aren't fit for purpose - Telegraph

You only reap what you sow... should have listened to Nick... again
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

Nigeria’s health minister has declared a health emergency as the deadly Ebola virus gained a foothold in Africa’s most populous nation
Aura

Ebola.....why?

Post by Aura »

They have had cases at Gatwick airport now according to the newspapers. Scary as I hear that security isn't very good at places like Birmingham airport, and what with the immigrants that are sneaking in.
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

Aura;1461570 wrote: They have had cases at Gatwick airport now according to the newspapers. Scary as I hear that security isn't very good at places like Birmingham airport, and what with the immigrants that are sneaking in.

I'm thinking the rumours are starting.

Gatwick 'Ebola'
Arena

Ebola.....why?

Post by Arena »

What's the bets this is nothing more than a press scare story,In the UK?
LarsMac

Ebola.....why?

Post by LarsMac »

Ebola has killed less than 5000 people in the history of the disease.

Compare that to the million or more every year from AIDS, or the approximately 2.5 million alcohol related deaths per year.

Or in last week's action in Gaza, more children were killed in that week than have ever died from Ebola.

Measles still kills over 100 thousand children every year.

Influenza kills half a million or more each year.
- DH Lawrence
Arena

Ebola.....why?

Post by Arena »

Brings the press scare stories into focus............

Home | Oldies Forum
recovering conservative

Ebola.....why?

LarsMac;1461675 wrote: Ebola has killed less than 5000 people in the history of the disease.
Sounds like a great reason to do nothing! Now that there are strains of Ebola virus that appear to be far more contagious than previously, we should expect that number to climb dramatically, even if the lethality of Ebola is declining....according to some of the international disease experts.

The only reason why Ebola, and other lethal/but less contagious tropical diseases haven't spread far and wide in previous decades, is because the people who started moving in to the Congo basin ages ago, had to develop quick and effective means of quarantine; to separate those with a dangerous plague from the community.

We were warned years ago, that one of the secondary effects of destroying traditional culture by means of colonial exploitation and urbanization, would be that some of these diseases would make the jump from areas like the Congo, and become our problem also.
Arena

Ebola.....why?

Post by Arena »

If Ebola hit the West, they'd find a cure within 24 hours!
Oscar Namechange

Ebola.....why?

Arena;1461758 wrote: If Ebola hit the West, they'd find a cure within 24 hours!

Not 24 hours but close.

First Ebola Vaccine Could Be Less Than a Year Away, Scientist Says: MedlinePlus
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

Vaccines are only any good if you can afford them.
Oscar Namechange

Ebola.....why?

Bruv;1461772 wrote: Vaccines are only any good if you can afford them.

Which Is exactly why the arguement to stop all oversea's aid and use It where needed In humanitarian crisis's Is a good arguement.
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461774 wrote: Which Is exactly why the arguement to stop all oversea's aid and use It where needed In humanitarian crisis's Is a good arguement.

Alternatively double the aid, raise the standards of living, so the problems caused by poverty don't arise ?
Oscar Namechange

Ebola.....why?

Bruv;1461776 wrote: Alternatively double the aid, raise the standards of living, so the problems caused by poverty don't arise ?

Until you grasp the fact that a large proportion of oversea's aid ends up In the hands of corrupt governments... double the aid... double the amount corrupt governments will spend arming militia In civil wars which In turn affect the lives of the very people you are trying to help.

Britain 'spends £500m on foreign aid for most corrupt countries' - Telegraph
LarsMac

Ebola.....why?

Post by LarsMac »

recovering conservative;1461754 wrote: Sounds like a great reason to do nothing! Now that there are strains of Ebola virus that appear to be far more contagious than previously, we should expect that number to climb dramatically, even if the lethality of Ebola is declining....according to some of the international disease experts.

The only reason why Ebola, and other lethal/but less contagious tropical diseases haven't spread far and wide in previous decades, is because the people who started moving in to the Congo basin ages ago, had to develop quick and effective means of quarantine; to separate those with a dangerous plague from the community.

We were warned years ago, that one of the secondary effects of destroying traditional culture by means of colonial exploitation and urbanization, would be that some of these diseases would make the jump from areas like the Congo, and become our problem also.

You seem to be such a bitter-minded person. I was simply trying to put this bug into perspective, here.

I know that to the people who are affected, it is a dreadful disease. But, all the media hype is not going to cure it faster.

Let's face it. it is actually still relatively difficult to contract, with a little effort and practiced hygiene among the caregivers, it can be stopped fairly easily.

And now in the news, we have a rather unique precedent being set, Canada has promised up to 1000 doses of a vaccine that is still in test are to be sent to Africa. Also an American Pharmaceutical company is also promising some of its new vaccine.

Questions of safety are being put aside. This outbreak will be a live field trial for vaccine developers.

Should be interesting. This could set a trend in medical research.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461778 wrote: Until you grasp the fact that a large proportion of oversea's aid ends up In the hands of corrupt governments... double the aid... double the amount corrupt governments will spend arming militia In civil wars which In turn affect the lives of the very people you are trying to help.

I have to be careful how I say this.......but....just like income tax,it is inevitable, creaming off the top where money is concerned is to be expected....NOT accepted but expected and any donor charity or country, should make its procedures as safe as possible to minimise it.

In fact if we could minimise the Tax lost from mega rich multinationals,(the ones we have complete control over.....allegedly) another form corruption, we could give more to the really needy people, not needy for the lack of the latest iPad or motor car, but for fresh water and basic sustainance.
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

I agree. I still find it abominable that we are still sending aid to India while they can afford to run a Space Programme.
recovering conservative

Ebola.....why?

LarsMac;1461780 wrote: You seem to be such a bitter-minded person.
Bitter-minded? The facts are that 99% of the medical research and drug research is done by public institutions, and then the drug companies swoop down on research they can gather up for free, and look for profit opportunities by making a few tweaks and refinements. Simple fact is that profit steers the money towards profit opportunites, NOT to where it's needed most!

And now in the news, we have a rather unique precedent being set, Canada has promised up to 1000 doses of a vaccine that is still in test are to be sent to Africa. Also an American Pharmaceutical company is also promising some of its new vaccine.

Questions of safety are being put aside. This outbreak will be a live field trial for vaccine developers.

Should be interesting. This could set a trend in medical research.
SOME! The international pharmaceutical and medical industries don't even think about doing the right thing until they are shamed into it...like they were 25 years ago, over the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Where was their money and their effort to find a cure before this disease jumped from the backwaters of the Congo Riverbasin to major cities in Africa, where it has come in contact with the first white people. They may be too late getting started on looking for the cure, judging by a recent story coming over the newswire that an Italian priest who was being treated with this zMAPP drug has died.
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

At least 70 people have died in northern Democratic Republic of Congo from an outbreak of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, the World Health Organization said on Thursday, denying that the illness was Ebola.
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

I don't see that WHO would have any region to cover anything up. I see them as a somewhat neutral party. However, if not Ebola, as the symptoms are so similar, in a region that is already known to be affected by Ebola, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is some variation (another one for Pahu - evolution in action).
katsung47

Ebola.....why?

Post by katsung47 »

It is a bio attack done by the US.

It plays the same role as SARS to create a public panic which finally will cause a heavy economic damage. The target aims at E.U.. The main project is to create a conflict between E.U. and Russia in Ukraine crisis. E.U. and Russia all realize it and are trying to avoid such a confrontation. The shooting down of MH17 was one of the efforts. To push the reluctant E.U. countries to step up the confrontation with Russia, US activate the Ebola attack. It’s a whipping, a blackmail. If you don’t do to my way, you’ll be suffered an epidemic. Your economy will be damaged.
katsung47

Ebola.....why?

Post by katsung47 »

861. Ebola and November plot (10/17/2014)

The Feds are pushing up a propaganda wave to scare people with Ebola epidemic. US has developed cure medicine for Ebola years ago and has patented it already. But they rarely talk about it.

U.S. govt. patented Ebola in 2010 and now owns all victims’ blood

September 21, 2014

The United States government now owns the patent on Ebola

This plot gets even more interesting when you realize that a patent on Ebola was awarded to the United States government just four years ago, in 2010.

That patent, number CA2741523A1, is available here.

It's all scripted! Ebola outbreak and impossibly rapid vaccine response clearly scripted; U.S. govt. patented Ebola in 2010 and now owns all victims' blood - Intellihub.com!

The drug was proved effective.

Recovery of US Ebola patients renews focus on treatment

CIDRAP News Aug 21, 2014

Two medical missionaries who were infected with Ebola virus in Liberia and were evacuated to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta about 3 weeks ago have recovered and been discharged, …….

According to media reports, the two patients were treated with the experimental EVD drug ZMapp while in Liberia, and Brantly reportedly received convalescent serum from a patient who had recovered from the illness.

Recovery of US Ebola patients renews focus on treatment | CIDRAP

Consider it is an emergence and the disease is a dangerous one, US should activate urgent production of the drug. They didn’t. They deliberately let Duncan died because they need victim to scare people. The original patients recovered in August. Do you believe US did nothing in these two months with drug patent in their hands?

Even China has developed the Ebola drug during the time and sent thousands of doses to Africa.

China sends Ebola drug to Africa, eyes clinical trials

By Adam Jourdan October 16, 2014

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - A Chinese drug maker with military ties has sent an experimental Ebola drug to Africa for use by Chinese aid workers and is planning clinical trials there to combat the disease, executives at the firm told Reuters on Thursday.

This is obviously part of the November plot. In “859. Eric Holder’s resignation and November plot (10/6/2014)” I said the Feds will plan another murder case in November while they arranged a cruise trip for my relatives.

Texas health worker isolated on cruise ship over possible Ebola contact

10/16/2014

(Reuters) - A Texas health worker who may have had contact with specimens from the first patient diagnosed with Ebola in the United States has been isolated on a cruise ship despite showing no symptoms of the disease, the Department of State said on Friday.

Texas health worker isolated on cruise ship over possible Ebola contact
katsung47

Ebola.....why?

Post by katsung47 »

It’s all scripted! Ebola outbreak and impossibly rapid vaccine response clearly scripted; U.S. govt. patented Ebola in 2010 and now owns all victims’ blood

September 21, 2014

The United States government now owns the patent on Ebola

This plot gets even more interesting when you realize that a patent on Ebola was awarded to the United States government just four years ago, in 2010.

That patent, number CA2741523A1, is available here.

Astonishingly, the patent claims U.S. government ownership over all variants of Ebola which share 70% or more of the protein sequences described in the patent: “[CLAIMS] …a nucleotide sequence of at least 70%-99% identity to the SEQ ID…”

It's all scripted! Ebola outbreak and impossibly rapid vaccine response clearly scripted; U.S. govt. patented Ebola in 2010 and now owns all victims' blood - Intellihub.com!
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

You've already tried the exact same scaremongering conspiracist theories in another thread, where it was ridiculed & it's no less ridiculous a concept now than it was then

Put quite simply, you cannot patent a life form, or anything that already exists in natural format. I might as well say that I have decided to register a patent on the Moon.

In order to take out a patent you have to be the original inventor. Furthermore, by definition, a virus is constantly changing. If it were possible to patent a virus, in a few weeks that patent would be obsolete as it would, by then, be a different product. Furthermore, a patent is only really applicable in the country in which it was patented. Even then, the patent only gives the patent holder exclusive rights to produce the patent item for the first year after the patent was registered, after which time anyone can make it, but must pay royalties to the patent holder. But even putting the legalities aside, if anyone wanted to use it for malevolent purposes no level of legislation would stop them.

What's more, if someone were to create a vaccine, that would be a entirely different product altogether.
LarsMac

Ebola.....why?

Post by LarsMac »

Actually, if you follow the stuff going on in this country around Ebola, what you see is a comedy of errors.

It is laughable. and the fact that only two people have apparently been known to contract the bug, so far demonstrates just how easy it is to contain with modern technology and proper hygiene tactics.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Ebola.....why?

Post by Saint_ »

katsung, it's no conspiracy theory to tell us what we already knew. Of course our government has already weaponized ebola and has a cure ready. That's the evil side of the world we live in. I'd expect them to do no less, since I expect the other evil people in the world are working along similar lines. The good of humanity is that we have not yet used such weapons on each other.

Remember katsung, hope is a good thing...maybe the best of things.
katsung47

Ebola.....why?

Post by katsung47 »

Ebola cheating.

US has developed the cure medicine for Ebola already.

Recovery of US Ebola patients renews focus on treatment

CIDRAP News Aug 21, 2014

In a surprise announcement, hospital officials said Brantly's colleague, Nancy Writebol, was discharged on Aug 19—quietly, …..

According to media reports, the two patients were treated with the experimental EVD drug ZMapp while in Liberia, and Brantly reportedly received convalescent serum from a patient who had recovered from the illness.

Recovery of US Ebola patients renews focus on treatment | CIDRAP

But the Feds had a new plot to murder and quarantine people in November by Ebola. A cure medicine will contradict to their plan. What they did is to announce that Zmapp was out of supply.

U.S. seeks to speed up production of Ebola drug

September 2, 2014, 9:37 PM

The initiative comes not a moment too soon: After expediting a clinical trial with monkeys and supplying the drug to a small number of human patients, the firm that developed ZMapp has no more in its cupboard.

U.S. seeks to speed up production of Ebola drug - LA Times

While the plan of elimination of Kat Sung and his family members is on pending, some more cases appeared to add oil on flame. How do they explain those people recovered when “Zmapp has no more in its cupboard”? Here is a ridiculous answer:

Ebola Recovery: How Did Dallas Nurses Get Well So Quickly?

The two nurses in Dallas who became infected with Ebola this month may have recovered so quickly because of their youth, as well as the protective equipment they were wearing at the time of infection,

Ebola recovery: How did Dallas nurses get well so quickly? | Fox News
So if you are young, Ebola is not a dreadful virus. Ebola also can penetrate protective equipment. It must have exhausted Ebola virus much that after it infiltrating the protective equipment, it is not that virulent.

Though the media beat the drum to propaganda on Ebola, you may notice they rarely touch the cure medicine Zmapp. They couldn’t explain why “speed up the production” becomes “slow up”- or rather, a “halt” and distract from that core issue to “nurse argues with state government on quarantine rule” and some other odds.
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

Weren't you aware that as people age their immune systems weaken then? Is it really such a surprise that the nurses were protected to some degree by the protective clothing they were wearing? Is it any real surprise that scientists are working hard on vaccines? But then again, why should they bother? You have already stated in other posts that they've had the vaccine since 2006.

If you're going to post such twaddle, at least make it consistent twaddle.
katsung47

Ebola.....why?

Post by katsung47 »

Drugs for Ebola

Other powers have already developed their drugs to cure Ebola. Russia has Triazoverin; China has JK-05.

70-90% efficiency: Russia to send Ebola vaccine to W. Africa in 2 months

October 13, 2014

RT

“Today we are discussing that we will have enough of Triazoverin vaccine in two months so that we can send them to our personnel in Guinea and test its efficiency in clinical conditions,” Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova said.

“The efficiency ranges between 70 and 90 percent and this is a very good indicator,” Skvortsova said.

70-90% efficiency: Russia to send Ebola vaccine to W. Africa in 2 months - Intellihub.com!

By Adam Jourdan October 16, 2014

SHANGHAI (Reuters) – Sihuan Pharmaceutical Holdings Group Ltd has supplied several thousand doses of its drug JK-05 to the region, Chief Operating Officer Jia Zhongxin said. More doses could be sent if needed, Jia said.

Its development lags some way behind U.S.-developed ZMapp and TKM-Ebola, which have been tested on monkeys and used on Ebola patients. However, analysts said the drug's similarities to Japanese influenza drug Favipiravir is an encouraging sign.

They say its experimental medicine because none would admit they have lab for bio-war. The news were released as a warning: “We get ready with effective drug. Don’t touch us with your bio-weapon”. They know it’s a bio-war. The sad thing is this time the Ebola is used to intimidate American people in a domestic November plot. The Feds blow the trumpet to make it a crisis although they have the drugs ZMapp and TKM-Ebola.
LarsMac

Ebola.....why?

Post by LarsMac »

katsung47;1468100 wrote: Drugs for Ebola

Other powers have already developed their drugs to cure Ebola. Russia has Triazoverin; China has JK-05.

They say its experimental medicine because none would admit they have lab for bio-war. The news were released as a warning: �We get ready with effective drug. Don�t touch us with your bio-weapon�. They know it�s a bio-war. The sad thing is this time the Ebola is used to intimidate American people in a domestic November plot. The Feds blow the trumpet to make it a crisis although they have the drugs ZMapp and TKM-Ebola.

What you are missing is the part about these being experimental drugs. China and Russia are willing to send untested product to the region and let the people their be guinea pigs for their testing.

We would rather at least know that the drugs we send are not going to kill more people than they will cure.
- DH Lawrence
katsung47

Ebola.....why?

Post by katsung47 »

Ebola was a bio attack for the November plot

In late October and early November, the propaganda of Ebola reached its peak, then scattered away.

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Shames Fox and CNN’s Ebola panic: ‘Well done, everyone’

Nov 11, 2014

MSNBC host Chris Hayes marked the official containment of the Ebola virus in the U.S. on Tuesday with a tongue-in-cheek look back at the panicked approach many of his fellow cable news hosts took in covering the issue.

Someone says, “This video highlights the fear mongering that took place in the weeks leading up to the election”. They noticed unusual Ebola panic wave waged by the media. It was not for mid-term election. No party benefited from the Ebola crisis. It was planned with a murder case in a cruise trip. The cruise trip started on November 4th - a coincidence with the election date. Though the murder plan went soured, the Feds quickly announced they will continue to use same tactic in new plot.

US looking past Ebola to prepare for next outbreak

By LAURAN NEERGAARD 11/24/2014

WASHINGTON (AP) — The next Ebola or the next SARS. Maybe even the next HIV. Even before the Ebola epidemic in West Africa is brought under control, public health officials are girding for the next health disaster.

US looking past Ebola to prepare for next outbreak

This is a show off of a criminal group. How they persecute people with the bio weapon stored in their bio lab.
FourPart

Ebola.....why?

Post by FourPart »

katsung47;1468712 wrote:

This is a show off of a criminal group. How they persecute people with the bio weapon stored in their bio lab.
Everything you post demonstrates that you are just another baseless scaremonger coming up with wild theories with no facts to support them. In fact I don't think I've ever seen you participating in any other thread & getting involved in a sensible discussion. You are just of the ilk that tries to convince the world that the Americans never really landed on the Moon.
Bruv

Ebola.....why?

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1468786 wrote: You are just of the ilk that tries to convince the world that the Americans never really landed on the Moon.

Oh my gawd........don't encourage him

Return to “Current Events”