Changes and Reflections

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

Moving now.:driving: 1st. of June ..... 4 weeks from now. I've tossed out everything we won't be needing and packed a good number of cardboard boxes already. But I know that on the day we'll realize that we've got lots more to do.

The difficult part is coming across photos of the kids when they were young(er), pausing to gaze and reflect on how far we've come. Grinning with a great amount of satisfaction about how both our "Ex-es" said we weren't good enough for them! I'd really love to hear their explanations on exactly "why" my wife and I have managed so long together - I'm certain their version of it can't be pretty .... the envious b'stards!

Our oldest has gone to university, in a neighbouring city, and is now on her own, trying out her wings. It's a lot tougher than she thought. I could have told her that - but I didn't! But she's close enough to dash "home" on a whim for mum's schnitzel and halusky - my wife's from Slovakia, you see. Anyway, we don't need 3 bedrooms any longer so we're off to a smaller flat. The normal channels can take a year or more so we're switching flats, actually. Adds in the Internet forum for just that purpose. "We've got a XXXXX, looking for a XXXXX". I'm surprised how quickly it went. And the new flat is only 10 minutes away ..... "by footing", as they used to say in Mashonaland.

Back to filling holes in the walls and touch-painting them over .........
Oscar Namechange

Changes and Reflections

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The very best to you In your move.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Changes and Reflections

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes, good luck, hope you love your new digs!
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1453110 wrote: The very best to you In your move.
AnneBoleyn;1453120 wrote: Yes, good luck, hope you love your new digs!

How very kind of you both! :)
gmc

Changes and Reflections

Post by gmc »

Grinning with a great amount of satisfaction about how both our "Ex-es" said we weren't good enough for them!

The best revenge is success.
Oscar Namechange

Changes and Reflections

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1453133 wrote: The best revenge is success. Wise and true words Auld Yin. I still say to this day that my revenge on my ex husband Is my happiness today.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

gmc;1453133 wrote: The best revenge is success.

True, true. It was my "ex" who wanted the divorce, never mind we had two children together. I loved them dearly. She never actually said why she didn't want to live with me anymore ... just that she didn't.

When I told her about the new woman in life she said, "It'll never work". An odd thing to say about someone she'd never even met. She said a bit more about it and between the lines I had the feeling she was trying to tell me that "the new woman" wasn't the right sort for me. I suppose she meant "the right sort" was like her ..... but she divorced me, so ....... hmmmmm. I came to realize that while my "ex" didn't want me she didn't want anyone else to have me either. She just wanted me on the end of a string to take care of the children when she needed, or come over to change her winter tyres. You know, the sort of things that an everyday bitch would expect her ex husband to perform - for the privilege of seeing the children whenever it suited her.

She rang, out of the blue, a couple of months ago to ask a favour. She also assumed that I probably wasn't married any longer .......... Ha! She sounded distinctly ill when I told her that my wife and me are doing very well. Looking back on it I think it must have been a ruse. I mean, what was that favour she wanted to ask? It must have slipped her mind!

Yes, I think you're right - "Success is the best revenge."
along-for-the-ride

Changes and Reflections

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Nice to hear from you, High Threshhold. :)

Hubby and I will be married 17 years next month. We are indeed very happy together. We both haves Ex's with whom we've had children who are all grown now. I treasure all the old photographs that I have managed to keep.

I'm not caught up in a "revenge" mode. I'm just enjoying my life and feel lucky that I met Hubby and started a new chapter in my life. :-4
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
AnneBoleyn

Changes and Reflections

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Re: revenge

Reminds me of when I went to visit an old friend & she happily said to me how glad she was me & hub had great marriage, great kid, great business, great life. Whoever thought it would be you, she laughed. How did you do it she asked. I grinned & answered REVENGE!!!!!!!!!

One morning 2 weeks later, I found my husband dead. Guess Revenge doesn't work for everybody.
LarsMac

Changes and Reflections

Post by LarsMac »

My Ex and I parted friends and we still communicate, rarely, for our daughter's and grandkids' sake.

The wife and her two Ex-s were not so fortunate. But now both of those guys are gone and forgot.

Her kids call me "Dad" and he grandkids call me "grandpa."

Life is good.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Changes and Reflections

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I feel your pain Threshhold. Moving is like pulling teeth. I'm in the process of it as we speak. Slowly though. Figured out you can't put two entire households into one.
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

along-for-the-ride;1453153 wrote: Nice to hear from you, High Threshhold. :)

Nice to hear from you too ........ but what happened to my response to this post of yours? :confused:
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1453173 wrote: Re: revenge

Reminds me of when I went to visit an old friend & she happily said to me how glad she was me & hub had great marriage, great kid, great business, great life. Whoever thought it would be you, she laughed. How did you do it she asked. I grinned & answered REVENGE!!!!!!!!!

One morning 2 weeks later, I found my husband dead. Guess Revenge doesn't work for everybody.

True?
AnneBoleyn

Changes and Reflections

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1453228 wrote: True?

Is what true?
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1453245 wrote: Is what true?

The sudden death of your husband.
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1453210 wrote: .... you can't put two entire households into one.

..... try as one may ...... :-1
AnneBoleyn

Changes and Reflections

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes, of course it's true. About an hour(???-who knows???) afterward I remembered that conversation with my friend & it felt so awful. In the insanity of the moment I thought I had tempted fate or was being punished for saying Revenge, as although I had said it in fun, I was serious too.
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1453254 wrote: ..... In the insanity of the moment I thought I had tempted fate or was being punished for saying Revenge ....

I know the feeling. Lord, we are still a superstitious lot.
AnneBoleyn

Changes and Reflections

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like you. :-)
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1453345 wrote: I like you. :-)

:o:o:-4
High Threshold

Changes and Reflections

Post by High Threshold »

High Threshold;1453106 wrote: Moving now.:driving: 1st. of June ..... 4 weeks from now. I've tossed out everything we won't be needing and packed a good number of cardboard boxes already. ..... we're off to a smaller flat. The normal channels can take a year or more so we're switching flats, actually. Adds in the Internet forum for just that purpose. "We've got a XXXXX, looking for a XXXXX". I'm surprised how quickly it went. ..... Back to filling holes in the walls and touch-painting them over .........

UPDATE. There are only 3 weeks left for the big move. Wow! We're over our heads in cardboard boxes. Wow again! I've notified the telephone company, the electricity board, the tax office, and my pension office of our new address! Another "Wow!" I've booked a moving van! Still one more "Wow!" The house inspectors came yesterday morning to give the flat a clean bill of health. Wow, wow, wow! We're so exited that we can hardly hold a cup of coffee without it spilling onto the floor!!! Another "Wow" still! So she (the woman we're exchanging flats with) rang last night. She changed her mind.

If someone asks me, "How are you today!", I'm going to fall to pieces. Wow ...

Return to “Members' News”