Devastated

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

There are such joys in being a mother and then there are such devastations. My dear cousin....we grew up like sisters, lost her son to a freak accident on his job, he was 23. We were so close I feel like he was my own child, I watched him grow up, babysat him when he was little. I am beyond words but I just can't get his mother out of my mind. The horror of having to bury your child and the day before mother's day. To say I am not doing well would be to put it mildly but I wanted to say, don't take a moment for granted that you have with those you love because we never know what tomorrow will bring.
fuzzywuzzy

Devastated

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OMG!!! That poor woman . that is horribly devastating ......... my thoughts are with your cousin and yourself today.
Oscar Namechange

Devastated

Post by Oscar Namechange »

First of all, my sincere condolences to you cousin and you R.

It has to be the very worst pain anyone can endure. No-one ever envisages that their children will go before them,

At times like this, It's so difficult to know just what to say.

A neighbour 4 doors down from me had to bury her 17 year old last year, a car accident. Like your cousin no doubt, this Is a woman who just did not deserve this.

Often she'll come round just to chat and for a coffee and I just find It so hard to know what to say. We let her talk and she'll rant and cry. Over the year I've watched her go through various emotions, the shock, the disbelief, the anger, the sorrow which Is perfectly normal I'm told. Your cousin and yourself will also. But there Is one good thing, If you can call It that... you are a lovely, caring, sensitive woman R and your cousin has you to help her.

I wish you and your cousin all the very best In the future months and what will be hard times.

xxx
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Patsy Warnick

Devastated

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Hope my dear I am so sorry.

This experience will take a piece of your heart

If you need to talk - we're here.

My condolences to you & all.

Patsy
High Threshold

Devastated

Post by High Threshold »

Hope6;1453827 wrote: ..... I wanted to say, don't take a moment for granted that you have with those you love ......

I agree. At least once each and every day I am spontaneously overwhelmed that I am married to the most fantastic woman in the world, and that she thinks I'm worth it.

However, dwelling on what has gone before and what might happen tomorrow will only serve in preventing getting over the pain of past devastation. Withdrawing from life for fear of the immediate future is not good. You don't have to smile and laugh and go dancing, but you still must go to work, do the shopping, get yourself up in the morning, shower and get dressed. The smiling, laughing, and dancing will come of its own accord when the time is right.
AnneBoleyn

Devastated

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hope, I am so sorry to hear this. Very sad. My condolences to you & your family. (((Hope)))
theia

Devastated

Post by theia »

So sorry to hear your news, Hope. I'm thinking of you.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
along-for-the-ride

Devastated

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My sincere condolences. I wish I could be with you to give a hug.

My first son died on May 5, 1972, just a week before Mother's Day that year.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
valerie

Devastated

Post by valerie »

Thank you for the reminder, Hope. I try very hard not to take anyone for granted, ever.

There is something very comforting about knowing the last words someone heard was you

telling them you loved them. It happened a little over a year ago with my sister, and several

years before that with my best friend of 33 years. Both of those deaths taught me NOT to

ever put off visits and declarations of love.

Many, many hugs to your, dear lady.

:yh_flower
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Betty Boop

Devastated

Post by Betty Boop »

Condolences to you all, will be thinking of you Hope. :yh_flower
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

Thanks you guys. It's just so hard to believe. Another guy in the shop was hammering on something with a sledge hammer and a little piece of the hammer about the size of a dime, broke off and flew over and struck him in an artery in his neck. It just goes to show that you never know what tomorrow will bring. We can be somewhere minding our own business, doing our job and something can come right out of the blue and that's it. I've thought about it and all I can figure is it was just his time, God was ready to call him home I guess.
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

Well I thought I would stop by, but there doesn't seem to be anybody here. It's been a terrible couple of weeks but we're progressing on as best we can. The neighborhood have banded together to help the family get their tobacco planted. They have 90 acres, much bigger farmers than I am. We've finished planting ours as have a lot of the neighbors but my cousin and her family since losing their son just didn't have the ability it seemed to get going on theirs. So a lot of folks from our community have pitched in to help. Like one guy said, it's what we do around here, if someone needs help, we go help them.
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

Hey you guys, how is everybody?
LarsMac

Devastated

Post by LarsMac »

Glad to see you back.

All is well, here.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Devastated

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Hope6;1456335 wrote: Hey you guys, how is everybody? How are you doing?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

Hey Lars, glad to see you too.
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

Hi Oscar, I guess I'm doing okay.
cars

Devastated

Post by cars »

Hope6;1455102 wrote: Well I thought I would stop by, but there doesn't seem to be anybody here. It's been a terrible couple of weeks but we're progressing on as best we can. The neighborhood have banded together to help the family get their tobacco planted. They have 90 acres, much bigger farmers than I am. We've finished planting ours as have a lot of the neighbors but my cousin and her family since losing their son just didn't have the ability it seemed to get going on theirs. So a lot of folks from our community have pitched in to help. Like one guy said, it's what we do around here, if someone needs help, we go help them.

Just dropped in here after a long spell Hope, and read about you & your cousin's tradgey, so sorry for your loss. My depest condolances. May he R. I. P.

They say, time heals all wounds, this one is going to take some time due to his tender age.
Cars :)
AnneBoleyn

Devastated

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds, cars.
cars

Devastated

Post by cars »

AnneBoleyn;1456486 wrote: Time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds, cars.

Some wounds will never heal, hopefully though, they will lessen in time.
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

OMG!!!!! CARS!!!! I'm so glad to see you here! How long has it been??? (((((((HUG)))))))
cars

Devastated

Post by cars »

Hope6;1456523 wrote: OMG!!!!! CARS!!!! I'm so glad to see you here! How long has it been??? (((((((HUG)))))))

Too long Hope, sorry it had to be on such a sad occasion.

It's great to see you too, I will try to get in here more frequently. (((((((((big HUG back))))))))))
Hope6

Devastated

Post by Hope6 »

I hope you do come back more often Cars it will be good to have you around. :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”