The best performance you saw

Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

I've been fortunate enough to see many including Genesis, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd but one surprised me.

I was reminded as the wife prepares her diary to see her boys again next year in concert.

For me, she was off to another gig, another town but given this was the royal Albert hall, i succumbed.

I think to this day, i have to say this was the most surprising and outstanding performance i have ever seen. It was surprising also to find an orchestra with the Stranglers.

Sadly, the full acoustics of the royal Albert hall can not be appreciated in this clip but Paul Roberts, lead singer who commanded the best stage presence i have ever seen, just blew me away in this track, as did John Ellis on acoustic guitar.

The wife was at the front to the left swooning over Jean-Jacques Burnel as always on bass and backing vocals.

Scroll through to 48.30 to avoid an hour of punk.

Did any surprise you ?

The Stranglers - Friday the Thirteenth: Live at the Royal Albert Hall (1997) - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The entire Friday 13 th Concert was the best I have ever seen.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
theia

Post by theia »

The musical Wicked, final scene of Act 1...brilliant.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

theia;1465978 wrote: The musical Wicked, final scene of Act 1...brilliant.
I had to google that Theia.

It looks exciting..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The only time I ever braved Glastonbury

God, If I could bottle atmos, I'd be set for life.

When the electric violin kicked In, had there been a roof, It would have come off.

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (Glastonbury 2008) - YouTube

Return to “General Music”