Greek Elections

Discuss the latest political news.
Bruv

Greek Elections

Post by Bruv »

Anti-austerity left-wing party Syriza is heading for a substantial victory in Greece's general election.

The party is projected to win about 150 seats, just one short of an absolute majority, though officials say that number could change.

A European swing to the Left........now thats refreshing.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Greek Elections

Post by flopstock »

So they won. Markets here slipped a little this morning but recovered. the discussion on the local radio is about how they partied while the rest of the EU was tightening their bootstraps and they are wondering if Greece with exit the EU now.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

mikeinie

Greek Elections

Post by mikeinie »

No big deal, they have been elected on the high hopes of promises that can't be kept.

They will be told what to do soon enough by those who are really in charge of everything and they will obey the masters.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Greek Elections

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Interesting choice of coalition partners though - the well left with the far right!
FourPart

Greek Elections

Post by FourPart »

mikeinie;1472843 wrote: No big deal, they have been elected on the high hopes of promises that can't be kept.

They will be told what to do soon enough by those who are really in charge of everything and they will obey the masters.
The question is, though, what have they got to lose?
gmc

Greek Elections

Post by gmc »

mikeinie;1472843 wrote: No big deal, they have been elected on the high hopes of promises that can't be kept.

No they're shitting themselves that other countries also elect anti-austerity parties and if the greeks are successful that is all the more likely. The british election is likely to be rather interesting.

Return to “Current Political Events”