Our new puppy

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

I always told my wife that I would never own a dog that could out eat me or out crap me. Well apparently I do now. My wife has wanted a Golden Retriever for many years, I finally decide that it's not my job to keep her from having something she really wants. We only live once (i think). So I succumbed to her womanly ways and agreed to get a new puppy.

Meet ROLO, she named her after her favorite candy snack.

It's like raising twins.:-2
Ahso!

Our new puppy

Post by Ahso! »

Terriffic breed of dog. Watch out when it thunders out though.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Our new puppy

Post by Snowfire »

Who could possibly resist a puppy ?

Ours is a year old now and its like having a baby. My wife spoils her rotten
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1473128 wrote: Terriffic breed of dog. Watch out when it thunders out though.

Snowfire;1473129 wrote: Who could possibly resist a puppy ?

She already sounds like a herd of buffalo when she runs down the hallway.
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

Snowfire;1473129 wrote: Who could possibly resist a puppy ?

What kind of puppy?
LarsMac

Our new puppy

Post by LarsMac »

Golden Retrievers are delightful dogs. Very mild tempered and good around kids.

Only problem I have ever seen with them is that they have no geographic sense. They can get lost in their own yard, so don't let them loose in the neighborhood.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1473135 wrote: Golden Retrievers are delightful dogs. Very mild tempered and good around kids.

Only problem I have ever seen with them is that they have no geographic sense. They can get lost in their own yard, so don't let them loose in the neighborhood.

Thanks for the advice.
Snowfire

Our new puppy

Post by Snowfire »

YZGI;1473133 wrote: What kind of puppy?

She's a whippet. Wonderful temperament. Loves other dogs, people, comfort and warmth, hence quite needy for attention but doesnt bark.

Whippets and Greyhounds don't have a doggy odour so its easy to fall into allowing them the luxury of sleeping on the sofa and occasionally (once I'm asleep) in the bed
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
FourPart

Our new puppy

Post by FourPart »

What good's a Retriever if they get lost trying to figure where to retrieve things to?
LarsMac

Our new puppy

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1473142 wrote: What good's a Retriever if they get lost trying to figure where to retrieve things to?

Retrievers tend to do their work within site and sound of their people.

When left to their own devices, however, they may start to follow a scent, and wander off, without a clue how to follow that scent back where they started.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

FourPart;1473142 wrote: What good's a Retriever if they get lost trying to figure where to retrieve things to?

I reckon you never know who's going to get the goose.
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1473144 wrote: Retrievers tend to do their work within site and sound of their people.

When left to their own devices, however, they may start to follow a scent, and wander off, without a clue how to follow that scent back where they started.

I'll definetly keep this in mind. I used to raise and train Brittany's for quail and pheasant hunting 15 yrs ago. This will be a new ball of wax., but should be fun.
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

Snowfire;1473140 wrote: She's a whippet. Wonderful temperament. Loves other dogs, people, comfort and warmth, hence quite needy for attention but doesnt bark.

Whippets and Greyhounds don't have a doggy odour so its easy to fall into allowing them the luxury of sleeping on the sofa and occasionally (once I'm asleep) in the bed

Sounds like a cool dog.
flopstock

Our new puppy

Post by flopstock »

too cute! great breed of dog. :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Betty Boop

Our new puppy

Post by Betty Boop »

Very cute, my favourite breed of dog and what I would have if I could but am sadly allergic to dog dander! Damned annoying.
FourPart

Our new puppy

Post by FourPart »

I've always wanted a dog, but circumstances have always made it totally unviable. Living in a tower block, where dogs are forbidden for a start off. Then, whilst I was out of work, there would have been the matter of cost. Now that I'm working long hours - well, that speaks for itself.

I think if I were to have a dog, though, it would probably be a spaniel.
tude dog

Our new puppy

Post by tude dog »

I'm envious.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

Our new puppy

Post by gmc »

YZGI;1473126 wrote: I always told my wife that I would never own a dog that could out eat me or out crap me. Well apparently I do now. My wife has wanted a Golden Retriever for many years, I finally decide that it's not my job to keep her from having something she really wants. We only live once (i think). So I succumbed to her womanly ways and agreed to get a new puppy.

Meet ROLO, she named her after her favorite candy snack.

It's like raising twins.:-2

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I've got two. The discussion devolved down to OK so we're having this one then and then are you sure he needs company.

On the bright side in most cases couples I know of where the man is the "master in his own home" he ends up being the only one there. Home is where you hang your head even if you're not sure what you've done.
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

tude dog;1473225 wrote: I'm envious.

Thanks, I think..
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

gmc;1473254 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I've got two. The discussion devolved down to OK so we're having this one then and then are you sure he needs company.

On the bright side in most cases couples I know of where the man is the "master in his own home" he ends up being the only one there. Home is where you hang your head even if you're not sure what you've done.

Ain't that the truth..

You have 2 Golden retrievers? Or 2 that can out eat you? Or both?
flopstock

Our new puppy

Post by flopstock »

Are you kennel training it? Mine was a rescue and so was used to it when I got her. It's like her little cave that she goes to when I leave the house now.. don't even have to close the door now that she is past chewing stage.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1473265 wrote: Are you kennel training it? Mine was a rescue and so was used to it when I got her. It's like her little cave that she goes to when I leave the house now.. don't even have to close the door now that she is past chewing stage.

Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks that we've had her. She has a cage in the laundry room. We tell her to kennel up and she just runs into it now. The first week was hell but she adapted quickly.
YZGI

Our new puppy

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1473265 wrote: Are you kennel training it? Mine was a rescue and so was used to it when I got her. It's like her little cave that she goes to when I leave the house now.. don't even have to close the door now that she is past chewing stage.

Forgot, Rolo is definitely NOT past the chewing stage yet.LOL
gmc

Our new puppy

Post by gmc »

YZGI;1473261 wrote: Ain't that the truth..

You have 2 Golden retrievers? Or 2 that can out eat you? Or both?

Forgot you are not telepathic:-5

Border collie and a dalmatian.

Return to “Members' News”