My NIGHTMARE

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
High Threshold

My NIGHTMARE

Post by High Threshold »

When I was a boy I had nightmares about monsters. I grew out of them. After my experiences in war, as an adult, I began having nightmares about that. They lasted quite a few years but those too finally gave way to uninterrupted slumber. The last few years however I've been having an odd nightmare that plays out in two variations of a single theme.

In the first one the Americans are bent on administering the world so they (simply enough) pull the plug on the Internet, causing every function to cease …. banks, transportation, government, all electricity is off rendering everyone completely destitute and submissive to a small group of illuminati. At the very end of the nightmare, there is speculation that the Russians have their own system to replace the American-controlled one so that life can go on as usual. But before it can be confirmed … I wake up.

The second one sees the world a-blaze, consuming absolutely everything, as a select group of American illuminati lift off with every worldly resource needed to start afresh on Mars ….. the realization suddenly dawning on humanity that was the reason the U.S. refused to cooperate with UN members to clean up the atmosphere and has spent so much money on space travel. The destruction of earth had been planned all along.

tude dog

My NIGHTMARE

Post by tude dog »

Thanks for sharing your dreams.

I try to remember my dreams and the ones I recall never include foreign affairs or politics.

Seems for me I dream of things which actually matter to my daily life.

One recurring dream which really bother me was going to the beach surfing and knowing that a monstrous wave is coming.

One moment I had control in that I could ride the waves, next I am running to the hills. The theme seems to me not being able to deal with events which surround me.

Can't change it, but must deal with it.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
High Threshold

My NIGHTMARE

Post by High Threshold »

tude dog;1483888 wrote: ....... One moment I had control in that I could ride the waves, next I am running to the hills ....
Do you find that "running" is in slow-motion or that it seems the danger is gaining on you?

tude dog;1483888 wrote: .... The theme seems to me not being able to deal with events which surround me .....
I think that's what our nightmares have in common - not being able to deal with events around us. Yours is local, mine is global, but it's the same feeling of inadequate ability to deal with it. I wonder if everyone has the same line of fear?
FourPart

My NIGHTMARE

Post by FourPart »

I dream of things before they happen.
High Threshold

My NIGHTMARE

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1483911 wrote: I dream of things before they happen.

tude dog

My NIGHTMARE

Post by tude dog »

FourPart;1483911 wrote: I dream of things before they happen.

Been there, done that.

“It’s deja vu all over again”
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
chonsigirl

My NIGHTMARE

Post by chonsigirl »

My nightmare while traveling this week was that another pipe burst and flooded the house...now that I'm home I hope I will sleep peacefully in my dry home.

Gosh Tule, next time that monster wave comes get up on the board and go for it. I think I would like to dream of surfing tonight.....

Return to “General Chit Chat”