Donald Trump?

gmc

Donald Trump?

Post by gmc »

What do you think - could he do it and become president?
Lon

Donald Trump?

Post by Lon »

gmc;1490332 wrote: What do you think - could he do it and become president?

It's possible.
FourPart

Donald Trump?

Post by FourPart »

Who can take him seriously, though, with a name being another slang term for a fart.
Bruv

Donald Trump?

Post by Bruv »

I am more worried about him than ISIS.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Donald Trump?

Post by LarsMac »

He is running some kind of game om the Republicrats. I do not believe he has a real chance of winning either the Republican nomination, or the general election.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Donald Trump?

Post by Saint_ »

Bite your blasted tongue. If Trump becomes President, America as history knows it is over. It would also be official that ignorance has won out over intelligence in a big way. It's also possible that it would confirm the existence of Satan.
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Donald Trump?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Donald is a democratic operative. Ssshh. Don't tell anyone. ;-)
YZGI

Donald Trump?

Post by YZGI »

Maybe he'll end up being someones Vice President---never here from him again..
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

Hiya Wisey.

The most who-he VP in living memory has to be Walter Mondale. Who is, oddly enough, still alive. Did anyone ever hear him speak? Was he inspiring?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Donald Trump?

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1490344 wrote: Hiya Wisey.

The most who-he VP in living memory has to be Walter Mondale. Who is, oddly enough, still alive. Did anyone ever hear him speak? Was he inspiring?

Who?
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Donald Trump?

Post by FourPart »

spot;1490340 wrote: One might sign the petition...

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/d ... rgu-degree

No need - Follow up...

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... cket=blast
Bruv

Donald Trump?

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1490346 wrote: No need - Follow up...

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... cket=blast

Just pile in and sign it...............humiliate the buffoon
FourPart

Donald Trump?

Post by FourPart »

Don't think they're taking sigs any more, now that it's been done.
YZGI

Donald Trump?

Post by YZGI »

Uh, no, and no.

It seems that back in the day, VP's had a natural ascension to be the next candidate for which ever party. Now they seem to pick someone that they can put behind the curtains or is not electable.
tude dog

Donald Trump?

Post by tude dog »

The most who he VP in living memory has to be Walter Mondale. Who is, oddly enough, still alive. Did anyone ever hear him speak? Was he inspiring?

Leaving it to living memory is truly short sighted.

In the 20th century

1901 Theodore Roosevelt succeed William McKinley

1923 Calvin Coolidge succeed Warren Harding

1945 Harry Truman succeeded Franklin D Roosevelt

1963 Lyndon Johnson succeeded John Kennedy

So out of 18 presidents four after the death of the President step up into the Oval Office. Of the above list of VP's who stepped in none was the first choice, but all left a legacy.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

tude dog;1490355 wrote: So out of 18 presidents four after the death of the President step up into the Oval Office. Of the above list of VP's who stepped in none was the first choice, but all left a legacy.So did those who took Buggins' turn and became President through election after serving their time as VP, one an honourable man, Richard Nixon, the other a warmongering disgrace to the office of President, George Bush the Elder. Thank goodness Cheney didn't make a third.
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

I don't think I've ever seen the rise to power of a Demagogue before, but I think I'm seeing for the first time how it happens.

Here, encapsulating Donald Trump in one paragraph, is Wikipedia:A demagogue or rabble-rouser is a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, fears, prejudices, and ignorance of the lower socioeconomic classes in order to gain power and promote political motives. Demagogues usually oppose deliberation and advocate immediate, violent action to address a national crisis; they accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness. Demagogues have appeared in democracies since ancient Athens. They exploit a fundamental weakness in democracy: because ultimate power is held by the people, nothing stops the people from giving that power to someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue

The term fits the man like a glove.
G#Gill

Donald Trump?

Post by G#Gill »

I tend to agree with you Mr. spot !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Donald Trump?

Post by LarsMac »

This pretty well says it all, as far as I am concerned:

White supremacist groups credit surging interest to Donald Trump: 'He's certainly creating a movement'

As the Republican Party grows more and more concerned about Donald Trump, at least one group is loving his rise to prominence: white supremacists. Politico reports that the white supremacist website Stormfront has had to upgrade its servers to handle all the new traffic coming their way since Trump took off in the polls; the Ku Klux Klan confirms that Trump has served as a major talking point for feeling out recruits.

"He's made it okay to talk about these incredible concerns of European Americans today," former KKK grand wizard and onetime Louisiana representative David Duke said.

Hate group monitors at the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and the Anti-Defamation League warn that Trump's statements about banning Muslims and rounding up Mexicans have "energized" racist intellectuals and neo-Nazis. "When well-known public figures make these kind of statements in the public square, they are taken as a permission-giving by criminal elements who go out and act on their words," SPLC's Mark Potak told Politico.

But some white supremacists remain skeptical of Trump's plans. "Do we honestly believe that he's going to block all the Muslims and deport all the illegals? I think he's doing a lot of this just to signal to people that he's on their side," Brad Griffin of the white nationalist blog Occidental Dissent said.

"He'd have to employ the military to do it, and I don't think they're going to do that," agreed former KKK leader Tom Metzger.

But that doesn't seem to bother him too much. "As long as causing chaos and havoc with the citizens, he's fine with me," Metzger said. "I love it."

-Jeva Lange
- DH Lawrence
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

What on earth is a European American? Have the racists invented a new code meaning "White"?
LarsMac

Donald Trump?

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1490376 wrote: What on earth is a European American? Have the racists invented a new code meaning "White"?

It would seem so.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Donald Trump?

Post by tude dog »

spot;1490356 wrote: So did those who took Buggins' turn and became President through election after serving their time as VP, one an honourable man, Richard Nixon, the other a warmongering

Richard Nixon, the president who ended a war started by Democrat President John F Kennedy and continued by his successor Lyndon Banes Johnson.

spot;1490356 wrote: disgrace to the office of President, George Bush the Elder. Thank goodness Cheney didn't make a third.

He had gangster Noriega in Panama arrested. Lead a real coalition to liberate Kuwait and eliminated threats to Saudi Arabia.

George H. is one of only two real veterans since WW2 to occupy the White House. Considering their experiences, they would have a real understanding of what war is about.
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

tude dog;1490380 wrote: He had gangster Noriega in Panama arrested.This was after employing him? This is CIA Bush you're talking about? And Noriega "received intelligence and counterintelligence training at the School of the Americas at Fort Gulick, Panama, in 1967, as well as a course in psychological operations at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He was to remain on the CIA payroll until February 1988"?

I'd not work for the CIA.

Nor for a Bush, come to that. They knife you in the back as soon as spit, the Bushes. Saddam Hussein had just the same problem with them, and now Iraq's an extremist battleground instead of a wealthy Secular Republic. Kipling described the Bushes very well in The Elephant's Child.

Who do you think these two are?

tude dog

Donald Trump?

Post by tude dog »

spot;1490381 wrote:

He was director for 357 days,less than a year. As such it wasn't his job to make policy.

[QUOTE=spot;1490381]And Noriega "received intelligence and counterintelligence training at the School of the Americas at Fort Gulick, Panama, in 1967, as well as a course in psychological operations at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He was to remain on the CIA payroll until February 1988"?

So what?

spot;1490381 wrote: I'd not work for the CIA.

So what?

spot;1490381 wrote: Nor for a Bush, come to that. They knife you in the back as soon as spit, the Bushes. Saddam Hussein had just the same problem with them, and now Iraq's an extremist battleground instead of a wealthy Secular Republic. Kipling described the Bushes very well in The Elephant's Child.

hum, whatever.
tude dog

Donald Trump?

Post by tude dog »

spot;1490381 wrote: This was after employing him? This is CIA Bush you're talking about? And Noriega "received intelligence and counterintelligence training at the School of the Americas at Fort Gulick, Panama, in 1967, as well as a course in psychological operations at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He was to remain on the CIA payroll until February 1988"?

I'd not work for the CIA.

Nor for a Bush, come to that. They knife you in the back as soon as spit, the Bushes. Saddam Hussein had just the same problem with them, and now Iraq's an extremist battleground instead of a wealthy Secular Republic. Kipling described the Bushes very well in The Elephant's Child.

Who do you think these two are?

So what?

What is anybody suppose to make of an undated picture missing the circumstance surrounding it?
Bruv

Donald Trump?

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1490388 wrote: So what?

What is anybody suppose to make of an undated picture missing the circumstance surrounding it?

If the guy had been Obama...............it might be a different story?
tude dog

Donald Trump?

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1490389 wrote: If the guy had been Obama...............it might be a different story?

What story?
Bruv

Donald Trump?

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1490390 wrote: What story?

So what?

That story?
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

Getting the photo attribution is pretty simple...

Vice-president of the United States, George Bush, meets Manuel Noriega in 1983. Photograph: Sygma/Corbis

As to why they met, Bush the Elder was very reticent in his autobiography. It was the days of Ollie North and Iran/Contra, and both Bush the Elder and Noriega were associated with it. Hence the photo.

https://consortiumnews.com/2013/12/19/c ... y-and-cia/
FourPart

Donald Trump?

Post by FourPart »

spot;1490376 wrote: What on earth is a European American? Have the racists invented a new code meaning "White"?
Yet "African American" is acceptable? After all, Africa is much bigger than Europe. Is "African" to be taken as a new code for "Black?"

"Asian", on the other hand, is a most ambiguous term that we tend to use in the UK all the time. On the whole we use it to refer to those of Indian or Pakistani origin, but Asia also covers places like China, Japan, Burma, Philippines, or even Russia - all of which are very different in colours & cultures.
spot

Donald Trump?

Post by spot »

We in England have "Martian British", used solely to describe John Redwood.

The American primaries will be contested by Icke-Lizard Americans?
tude dog

Donald Trump?

Post by tude dog »

spot;1490398 wrote: Getting the photo attribution is pretty simple...

Vice-president of the United States, George Bush, meets Manuel Noriega in 1983. Photograph: Sygma/Corbis

As to why they met, Bush the Elder was very reticent in his autobiography. It was the days of Ollie North and Iran/Contra, and both Bush the Elder and Noriega were associated with it. Hence the photo.

https://consortiumnews.com/2013/12/19/c ... y-and-cia/

Before i asked the question I Googled. not for the picture, but was the meeting was about.

What you just presented was a long story which except for the picture really had nothing to do with VP Bush. The picture caption was unsubstantiated, useless.

I am not a big fan of the New York times but, all things considered I would give this a hell of a lot more credibility than that blog.

In December of 1983, Mr. Bush met with Mr. Noriega and Panama's president, Ricardo de la Espriella, in Panama. In the session, Mr. Espriella denied published allegations that some Panamanian officials were involved in laundering drug money. Mr. Bush, who was head of the Administration's task force on halting the flow of drugs across the border, said he had not heard of these reports.

Donald P. Gregg, Mr. Bush's national security adviser, who attended the meeting, testified in a civil lawsuit that nothing further was done about the matter after Mr. Bush and his staff returned to Washington.

No evidence has surfaced that would suggest Mr. Bush did know at the time of this metting about Mr. Noriega's drug involvement. Won't Discuss Years at C.IA. Steve Hart, a Bush spokesman, said the Vice President would not discuss his year as head of the C.I.A. nor the agency's relationship with Mr. Noriega. In his autobiography and in campaign speeches, Mr. Bush portrays himself as intimately involved in the details and management of the agency right up until he departed, on Jan. 20, 1977

Bush and Noriega: Examination of Their Ties

Seems sometimes a picture can be worth a thousand lies.
gmc

Donald Trump?

Post by gmc »

How about george bush helping saddan hussein do youn thinbk that was all made up as well?
Bruv

Donald Trump?

Post by Bruv »

Some of todays Tweets from Trump the chump................

"We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!"

"We will stop heroin and other drugs from coming into New Hampshire from our open southern border. We will build a WALL and have security."

"SIS is making big threats today - no respect for U.S.A. or our "leader" - If I win it will be a very different story,with very fast results"
FourPart

Donald Trump?

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1492559 wrote: Some of todays Tweets from Trump the chump................

"We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!"

"We will stop heroin and other drugs from coming into New Hampshire from our open southern border. We will build a WALL and have security."

"SIS is making big threats today - no respect for U.S.A. or our "leader" - If I win it will be a very different story,with very fast results"
If there were to be a game of match the Campaign Policy to the Political Party over here, I would attribute every single one of those to the Monster Raving Loony Party (or the Tories - not much difference).
LarsMac

Donald Trump?

Post by LarsMac »

Trump is not so scary. What is scary is the mindset of those who are voting for him. That he is even being considered for the nomination speaks volumes.

The other scary part about him is the field he is up against.

Two supposed "Born Again" Christian Evangelicals who want to make "The Word of God" the "Law of the Land"

An aging witch and failed CEO,

Little Brother Bush,

A couple of Governors with delusions of grandure,

Oh, did I mention the Canadian?

And they make many a Republican long for the days of Romney and McCain.

It is scary that The Donald may actually be the best qualified of the bunch.
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

Donald Trump?

Post by Snowfire »

LarsMac;1492584 wrote: Trump is not so scary. What is scary is the mindset of those who are voting for him. That he is even being considered for the nomination speaks volumes.

Two supposed "Born Again" Christian Evangelicals who want to make "The Word of God" the "Law of the Land"

Little Brother Bush,

I notice that Republicans and tea partiers don't seem to have made a noise about Ted Cruz being a Canadian like they did with Obama being a Kenyan. Suddenly they've decided its far less of a issue than it was.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
AnneBoleyn

Donald Trump?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snowfire;1492589 wrote: I notice that Republicans and tea partiers don't seem to have made a noise about Ted Cruz being a Canadian like they did with Obama being a Kenyan. Suddenly they've decided its far less of a issue than it was.

Obama isn't Kenyan (I know you know that), but Ted had dual citizenship until very recently.
AnneBoleyn

Donald Trump?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1492584 wrote: Trump is not so scary. What is scary is the mindset of those who are voting for him. That he is even being considered for the nomination speaks volumes.

Little Brother Bush,

He is definitely the best qualified of the bunch. Kasich a distant second.

I like Canadians, well, except for Cruz.
gmc

Donald Trump?

Post by gmc »

FourPart;1492575 wrote: If there were to be a game of match the Campaign Policy to the Political Party over here, I would attribute every single one of those to the Monster Raving Loony Party (or the Tories - not much difference).

Come off it the monster raving loony party are caring sane people in comnparison to the tories. I particularly like their proposal that besides the current leap yaers we have hop, skip and jump year as well and that all, leaflets, brochures, circulars, manifestoes, posters etc, used by any Political Party during an election, be collected up recycled and given to the local Food Banks for free distribution as toilet paper.

Return to “United States”