Just knowing how to use a trigger leaves a lot still to learn

spot

Post by spot »

'My 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot,' mom brags hours before he shoots her

Comment seems superfluous.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1493575 wrote: 'My 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot,' mom brags hours before he shoots her

Comment seems superfluous.

Another!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

"Gun Sense"

sigh
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Sheesh. You can't even take Hunter's Safety classes until you're nine. The irony of a gun nut being shot by her own 4 year old is hilarious...and slightly gratifying. Stupid wench.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

it might be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1493580 wrote: it might be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

I kind of agree. But she brought it on herself.

Her tag line was "Jamie Galt for Gun Sense" And obviously she is lacking in some pretty basic "Gun Sense"

Fortunately, she will live to learn the lesson. I just hope she does.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

It's an interesting instance of the divide between English English and American English. Over in England getting jacked up to target shoot at that age would indicate an extreme case of early-onset puberty, but she seems not to have meant it that way. Is there really no sexual subtext in the US to her tweet?

A convenient test of post-racism having finally arrived in America is whether Mom would have been treated differently by the police had she been black. We could try that one as a poll.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1493587 wrote:

A convenient test of post-racism having finally arrived in America is whether Mom would have been treated differently by the police had she been black. We could try that one as a poll.

Absolutely YES.
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1493589 wrote: Absolutely YES.

That's the next bit to press for then, letting black 4-year-olds get their eye in on the local gun club range. I'm all in favor of boosting self-confidence before they're handed a concealed-carry permit.

Training police not to say "you've got a WHAT?" to a black mother with a .45 on the floor of her SUV might be harder.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1493587 wrote: It's an interesting instance of the divide between English English and American English. Over in England getting jacked up to target shoot at that age would indicate an extreme case of early-onset puberty, but she seems not to have meant it that way. Is there really no sexual subtext in the US to her tweet?

As an Englishman I would ask where in English is there a sexual subtext to "Jacked up"? Or did I miss something ?
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1493593 wrote: As an Englishman I would ask where in English is there a sexual subtext to "Jacked up"? Or did I miss something ?

I've been off and checked. The context is that someone who's jacked up is muscle-bound, hyped on steroids and posing with tight thin lycra and bulges everywhere. I'd always red these descriptions as implying erect and about to spasm but perhaps that's just my mind, or perhaps you don't subscribe to the same magazines.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

It means either 'High' on drink or drugs or 'Wound up' as in hyperactive to me.

"Jacking up" is using a hypodermic to administer drugs.

Stay away from those magazines, they are bad for your eyes.
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1493596 wrote: It means either 'High' on drink or drugs or 'Wound up' as in hyperactive to me.

"Jacking up" is using a hypodermic to administer drugs.

That might be how American mothers get a four year old to sleep by 7pm. I must try it sometime.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1493595 wrote: I've been off and checked. The context is that someone who's jacked up is muscle-bound, hyped on steroids and posing with tight thin lycra and bulges everywhere. I'd always red these descriptions as implying erect and about to spasm but perhaps that's just my mind, or perhaps you don't subscribe to the same magazines.

It's an americanism, we would say pumped up. surprised at you spot I really am trouble is google goes for the american meanings first. What kind of magazines are yiou reading these days.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

As with many things these days, the Sexual connotation is an American import.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1493616 wrote: As with many things these days, the Sexual connotation is an American import.

George Formby?
spot

Post by spot »

Eee, it's nice out.
gmc

Post by gmc »

FourPart;1493616 wrote: As with many things these days, the Sexual connotation is an American import.

That's the puritan influence i suspect
spot

Post by spot »

And again.

US mother accidentally shot dead by two-year-old son - BBC News

Return to “Gun Control”