Touch on Netflix

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
LarsMac

Touch on Netflix

Post by LarsMac »

We just finished with a series called "Touch" on Netflix.

Kiefer Southerland is the father of a boy who shows autistic traits, but actually seems tuned into the Universe in a rather bizarre way.

While quite unique in theme, it boils down to your basic Man vs, Corporate greed plot. The person who turns out to be the main villain reminds me of Carly Fiorina.

There are some really interesting plot twists, and a lot of watching Kiefer's character blunder through all sorts of adventures being directed by his kid, while the whole time thinking he is the one in charge.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Touch on Netflix

Post by AnneBoleyn »

The boy on Touch is young Bruce Wayne on Gotham. FYI
LarsMac

Touch on Netflix

Post by LarsMac »

Another of the cast was Maria Bello, who was in a recent American adaptation of Prime Suspect, the British Series with Helen Mirren a while back.

Bello's Jane Timoney was worthy of comparing to Mirren's DCI Tennison, I think.

Her part in Touch was brilliant. A mother searching for he daughter, about to blow up any minute through the whole story line. Very believable.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AndrejM

Touch on Netflix

Post by AndrejM »

just watched the season 1 trailer and it actually looks good!! what would you rate it out of 1-10?
HannahBurgerino

Touch on Netflix

Post by HannahBurgerino »

The second season was better than the first one. Amelia and her mother were really good extra characters. But disappearing of Maria Bello was the final warning which led to the end of the series. I can hardly imagine that they were really planning to murder the protagonist in a family show. Although the ending is good and does not leave you to feel unsatisfied.

Best regards,

Hannah

Return to “General TV Shows”