well im travelling.....but its no vacation.

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Dear god! Why do i always seem to manage the crappy bus.

Up at three, drive into town at five, on the bus at six and arrive into melbourne at ten thirty.

Do my business, back onto the bus at one.........still travelling....hope to be back at yarram at five. Then another hour to drive home.

Now, i rarely go to melbourne but its three times in a row now that something has happened to the good comfy bus and weve had to be transferred to the crappy bus..... just leaving korumburra now.......god this is turning into a long trip..........sigh.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

Why not just drive the whole way? If your buses are anything like ours you would be there in half the time
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1501037 wrote: Why not just drive the whole way? If your buses are anything like ours you would be there in half the time

She has an OAP bus pass ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

That sounds like the commute from Hell. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Here's my commute for the last 17 years:

Up at 6:00 am

Drive to work at 7:30 am.

Arrive at work at 7:34 am.

Yup. 4 minutes. Just enough time to listen to one song on the radio. (I live less than 200 meters from my work as the crow flies. If I wanted to, and in the Summer I do, walk there in about 15 minutes.)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Yeah ive got a pensioner concession card whilst my back recovers. If i was on full fair id drive . If i drove the petrol would be 60 to 80 dollars. On the bus its 26 dollars return. If i drove i would have to pay for parking as well if i can find a parking space below twenty dollars.

When we got into Yarram i said to the driver "knock off time?"... he looked at me like he was about to collapse lololol. Yep.

Then i realised hed just done a twelve hour shift . Poor bugger. One trip to and back from melbourne is a hell of a long day. I told him ill be nursing a sore back due to that bloody bus.

But get this for public transport in victoria.when i do this course ill have to travel from one suburb to the next.. to get to ehere i have to go it will be a bus a train and another bus......wtf? Its on bloomin suburb away.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

Saint_;1501040 wrote: That sounds like the commute from Hell. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Here's my commute for the last 17 years:

Up at 6:00 am

Drive to work at 7:30 am.

Arrive at work at 7:34 am.

Yup. 4 minutes. Just enough time to listen to one song on the radio. (I live less than 200 meters from my work as the crow flies. If I wanted to, and in the Summer I do, walk there in about 15 minutes.)

Rather begs the question why you don't walk every day?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

gmc;1501057 wrote: Rather begs the question why you don't walk every day?

Because my wife is an invalid and I invariably have to run errands, pick up meds, and buy groceries every day after work.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well if once this week wasnt enough im off to do it all again. From Yarram to Geelong this time.... passing Toora and looking out toward Wilsons Prom ...tomorrow visit sis,then.port Arlington on Sunday for Crays and muscles and prawns for Christmas.(got to get in early)

Return to “Travel Vacation”