What is really going on with Clinton?

Discuss the latest political news.
Momus

Post by Momus »

Despite the rather common vulgarity of mocking associated with benighted internet users, Hilary Clinton appears to me, to be in serious trouble health wise. I can't help but notice some of the symptoms of a neurological malfunction. Not the best video i could find no doubt, but it shows the strange movements as she attempts to get into the car frame by frame. Other reports state she's been prone of late to hysterical elongated laughter and rages at staff, another sign of a brain malfunction. What is the US opinion here? More crucially, could this affect her as a potential winning candidate?

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Momus

I am also worried about Hillary's health.

I believe it's much more serious than stated.

Patsy
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It does look seriously like Mrs. Clinton could well be invalided out of the running for presidency, if what is said is true and that she has serious Parkinsons ! Looks remarkably as if Trump will have no competition ? Heaven help America !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Momus

Post by Momus »

Thank you ladies. I noted that she had a prior bleed on the brain due to the clot in late 2012. Her movements seem jerky not shaky. I am no expert but Parkinson's symptoms are in the main, shaking and slowness in movement. I feel none of her symptoms bode well for the future.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Pernicious Scaremongering.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Wow! Doctors and political analysts and experts. Hey any of you guys get a sore neck or walk into a room and forget why you walked in there?......i have a list of deseases you may want to look at.

Actually i think everyone over the age of sixty should be tested for demenita before voting.......you know ....just incase.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1501082 wrote: Pernicious Scaremongering.

Thats my word for today! Pernicious!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Please, Momus, check your sources more carefully. Videos & "facts" such as these are created by alt-right American mythmakers, the same ones who say Barack Obama was born in Kenya. "Birthers", we normal Americans call them. Part of a vicious right-wing "conspiracy", although they do not behave in secret, but out in the open, so I guess conspiracy may not be the correct term. They spread lies and falsehoods, always against Progressive people, in huge numbers, hoping something may stick to someone's mind. Believe anything they say at a risk to your own sanity and freedom. Pernicious Scaremongering, as my good man Bruv says. How poetic of you, Bruv!
Momus

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1501082 wrote: Pernicious Scaremongering. Pettifogging
Momus

Post by Momus »

AnneBoleyn;1501085 wrote: Please, Momus, check your sources more carefully. Videos & "facts" such as these are created by alt-right American mythmakers, the same ones who say Barack Obama was born in Kenya. "Birthers", we normal Americans call them. Part of a vicious right-wing "conspiracy", although they do not behave in secret, but out in the open, so I guess conspiracy may not be the correct term. They spread lies and falsehoods, always against Progressive people, in huge numbers, hoping something may stick to someone's mind. Believe anything they say at a risk to your own sanity and freedom. Pernicious Scaremongering, as my good man Bruv says. How poetic of you, Bruv!
Re-read the opening post. I stated, it was not the best video but it showed her jerking.. Or did you miss that? If you have trouble understanding, please let me know. I can moderate my English to accommodate you. Further more, when Bruv comes up with an original word all by himself rather than repeating mine from another earlier post, there may be good cause for your celebration.
Momus

Post by Momus »

magentaflame;1501084 wrote: Thats my word for today! Pernicious! Great isn't it? Shame Bruv didn't think of it.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Momus;1501086 wrote: Pettifogging

The Devil is in the Details, as in "The idiom "the devil is in the detail" refers to a catch or mysterious element hidden in the details,and derives from the earlier phrase "God is in the detail" expressing the idea that whatever one does should be done thoroughly; i.e. details are important."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_devil ... the_detail

Details are what make up the whole. Details matter.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Momus;1501087 wrote: Re-read the opening post. I stated, it was not the best video but it showed her jerking.. Or did you miss that? If you have trouble understanding, please let me know. I can moderate my English to accommodate you. Further more, when Bruv comes up with an original word all by himself rather than repeating mine from another earlier post, there may be good cause for your celebration.

I can moderate my English too. I was a grad student at Oxford. Are you a paid plant for the American Nazi Party? Just curious.
Momus

Post by Momus »

AnneBoleyn;1501089 wrote: The Devil is in the Details, as in "The idiom "the devil is in the detail" refers to a catch or mysterious element hidden in the details,and derives from the earlier phrase "God is in the detail" expressing the idea that whatever one does should be done thoroughly; i.e. details are important."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_devil ... the_detail

Details are what make up the whole. Details matter. I have no time for your obvious aversion. I will wait with interest, your medical inside knowledge of Ms Clinton's condition rather than something you clearly gleaned in the National Enquirer. Good day.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You chose your name deliberately--"mockery, blame, ridicule" and that's what you are attempting here, IMO. You come here with no stats, but claim superiority and knowledge based on your fine vocabulary. Your attitude, however, belies your intent. I'm on to you, Superboy. You might be a pest, you might be a paid plant. They are always hired during American presidential elections to spread propaganda on the internet.

Be as it may, I am very secure in my intelligence and credentials. You can't insult me & make it stick.
Momus

Post by Momus »

AnneBoleyn;1501092 wrote: You chose your name deliberately--"mockery, blame, ridicule" and that's what you are attempting here, IMO. You come here with no stats, but claim superiority and knowledge based on your fine vocabulary. Your attitude, however, belies your intent. I'm on to you, Superboy. You might be a pest, you might be a paid plant. They are always hired during American presidential elections to spread propaganda on the internet.

Be as it may, I am very secure in my intelligence and credentials. You can't insult me & make it stick. Paid plant? Gosh. Now let's see. As i am aware, there are thousands of US political forums out there, with a substantial amount more traffic than this one. Most seem preoccupied with the presidential election. So, logically, what you are saying, is that of all the thousands of political forums out there, discussing the election, i deliberately choose one with, from what i have seen thus far, around 20 posters, and half of those English who would have no participation whatsoever in the voting on account of them being on another continent. Is that really what you are seriously suggesting? Further more, this being the very first thread i have posted, just how influential do you believe, my one thread and one post is going to be in the election results? Do you think that entire states will exclaim, ' Hold fire, Momus has posted on Clinton's health. We better reconsider our vote'. After all, you could be a paid plant in order to quell the magnitude of opinion reversal, but then, that would be monumentally inane wouldn't it? Try this out. If you don't like the subject or my posts, then simple, ignore. I will no longer enter into your infantile jostling for brownie points. Goodnight deary.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I can't ignore you deary, you fascinate me. You possess such a great vocabulary. I'm greatly pleased by that and so will overlook the distaste you have for me. Goodnight to you too, sir.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oops, yet another clutch of toys out of the pram !!! Has he done a flounce ? That is if he is actually a he ! Goodnight Momus deary.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I am sorry Momus I could only skim through the video, when they analysed the lady who has pneumonia collapsing and the fact her arm wasn't where it ought to be, then further on the explanation of the use of blue screen.....sorry................I collapsed in hysterics......have only just recovered my composure.......there are some gullible folks out there.
Momus

Post by Momus »

G#Gill;1501095 wrote: Oops, yet another clutch of toys out of the pram !!! Has he done a flounce ? That is if he is actually a he ! Goodnight Momus deary.

Goodnight to you too young man.
Momus

Post by Momus »

[QUOTE=Bruv;1501097]I am sorry Momus I could only skim through the video, when they analysed the lady who has pneumonia collapsing and the fact her arm wasn't where it ought to be, then further on the explanation of the use of blue screen.....sorry................I collapsed in hysterics......have only just recovered my composure.......there are some gullible folks out there

It is rather strange i agree. I don't possess the fortitude required when viewing anything US to sift and regurgitate the best of a bad batch. I am delighted that your mirth may elevate your joie de vivre. It was troubling me. One's raison d'être is restored. I will await my next literal interlude with you, with perfervid anticipation.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

Trump's medical history is worse.
Momus

Post by Momus »

Mark Aspam;1501103 wrote: Trump's medical history is worse. He's 70. One would imagine health problems at that age, mostly mental.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Momus;1501100 wrote: [QUOTE=Bruv;1501097]I am sorry Momus I could only skim through the video, when they analysed the lady who has pneumonia collapsing and the fact her arm wasn't where it ought to be, then further on the explanation of the use of blue screen.....sorry................I collapsed in hysterics......have only just recovered my composure.......there are some gullible folks out there

It is rather strange i agree. I don't possess the fortitude required when viewing anything US to sift and regurgitate the best of a bad batch. I am delighted that your mirth may elevate your joie de vivre. It was troubling me. One's raison d'être is restored. I will await my next literal interlude with you, with perfervid anticipation.

I had no idea that you were of such a fervently impassioned disposition, Momus !
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

Momus;1501104 wrote: He's 70. One would imagine health problems at that age, mostly mental.And Hillary will be 69 next month. So?

There was a movie, many years ago, about a teenager becoming president of the USA. I can't remember the title, I think a couple of members of the Firesign Theatre were in it. It was pretty funny.
Momus

Post by Momus »

G#Gill;1501105 wrote: I had no idea that you were of such a fervently impassioned disposition, Momus !

One flipflops between fervent and impassioned young man. It all depends on the subject matter.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Momus;1501087 wrote: Re-read the opening post. I stated, it was not the best video but it showed her jerking.. Or did you miss that? If you have trouble understanding, please let me know. I can moderate my English to accommodate you. Further more, when Bruv comes up with an original word all by himself rather than repeating mine from another earlier post, there may be good cause for your celebration.

Come off it you pinched pernocious from the romans.

i deliberately choose one with, from what i have seen thus far, around 20 posters, and half of those English who would have no participation whatsoever in the voting on account of them being on another continent.

Who are you calling english? Besides if the US elects a nut job as president and another civil war starts it may have an effect on us.
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1501085 wrote: Please, Momus, check your sources more carefully. Videos & "facts" such as these are created by alt-right American mythmakers, the same ones who say Barack Obama was born in Kenya.

You seem to be disputing that she kept on turning out for the public while suffering from pneumonia which, to be frank, you cannot do. Her own team says she did it while having it. Nobody yet has said she's back to health, either.

She's a pensioner with pneumonia. I watched a pensioner with pneumonia die some years ago, it's not a pretty sight. It's not a trivial issue, still less if the patient refuses treatment in order to stay on her campaign trail - which is where she was at Ground Zero.

This is all good judgement calls on the part of the candidate and her team? If you claim that then I think you're showing partisan prejudice rather than engaging in a conversation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1501100 wrote: It is rather strange i agree. I don't possess the fortitude required when viewing anything US to sift and regurgitate the best of a bad batch. I am delighted that your mirth may elevate your joie de vivre. It was troubling me. One's raison d'être is restored. I will await my next literal interlude with you, with perfervid anticipation.

I would suggest you use your nous when viewing any 'in depth' critique of a person fainting, any person, let alone a presidential candidate.

She made a bad judgment by continuing electioneering, and another denying she was unwell..................which inevitably fed the rumour mongers that set the trap you fell into.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Having once had a good case of "walking pneumonia", I am not alarmed at all by Hilary's physical collapse. You can feel like you are "just a little ill", and you have so much to do. You just keep trying to get everything done, and suddenly, you hit the floor.

As for those videos, I never watch them. Film can be easily manipulated, and what you think you are seeing may be fake. If I want to watch movies, I turn on the TV and go channel surfing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

I've seen no videos. I've seen no news footage either, come to that, not of anything, not in months.

We have a folk singer in England who is the spitting image of Hillary fifteen years back and she - Maddy Prior - is a national treasure. Everyone loves Maddy Prior. And it struck me that if Hillary Clinton could only sing like that and dance jigs barefoot and look quite so uninhibitedly happy with life then she'd make the most engaging president of all time. Maybe she could take lessons.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

spot;1501119 wrote: I've seen no videos. I've seen no news footage either, come to that, not of anything, not in months.

We have a folk singer in England who is the spitting image of Hillary fifteen years back and she - Maddy Prior - is a national treasure. Everyone loves Maddy Prior. And it struck me that if Hillary Clinton could only sing like that and dance jigs barefoot and look quite so uninhibitedly happy with life then she'd make the most engaging president of all time. Maybe she could take lessons.I think I have more Steeleye Span albums than any other group, folk or otherwise. I do not really see the resemblance to the Hill.
spot

Post by spot »

Come now, take another look. I saw her on stage last month and the resemblance to the Hillary Clinton of fifteen or so years ago was complete, except Maddy Prior has better taste in clothing.

was recorded this June, for example.

was on last year's tour, I saw that too.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I am shocked and amazed, Spot posting videos.

There is a similarity.......but when did you last have an eye test ?
Momus

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1501116 wrote: I would suggest you use your nous when viewing any 'in depth' critique of a person fainting, any person, let alone a presidential candidate.

She made a bad judgment by continuing electioneering, and another denying she was unwell..................which inevitably fed the rumour mongers that set the trap you fell into.

I fall into no trap. My amaranthine quest for cognition invariably permits me to source most reliable reports of events. Nor do i possess philistinism when faced with separating hogwash and verisimilitude. One has to take into account, when sourcing reliability from the US, it's akin to finding a pip in a melon field. Most are aberrant at the best of times, contributing to the US national sport of contriving a variety of conspiracy theories. Only this evening, one has been entertained momentarily at the latest headlines that suggest, Ms Clinton is actually dead and a stunt double has been replacing her public appearances for the past few months. My only inconsequential corrigendum being that unfortunately, my late night lethargy contributed to my poor choice of example, in my desire not to waste further time. One had rather hoped, that others would debate the thread question, over and above the content.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Mr.Momus, have you had the pleasure of meeting FG's Mr. spot ? I'm sure a veritable entertainment of verbal jousting would indeed be most satisfying to the Forum Garden patrons, n'ést pas ?
Momus

Post by Momus »

G#Gill;1501143 wrote: Mr.Momus, have you had the pleasure of meeting FG's Mr. spot ? I'm sure a veritable entertainment of verbal jousting would indeed be most satisfying to the Forum Garden patrons, n'ést pas ?

Is this a compulsory prerequisite of confabulation within the forum? Or perhaps a tacit, assuage, hazing process in order to endear one's self? I am certain the conversational intercourse with Mr Spot would indeed be advantageous to one's quest for knowledge, although, it would be presumptuous, to accredit Mr Spot with a mutually beneficial advantage at this stage in proceedings, accepteriez-vous, un jeune homme?
spot

Post by spot »

Momus;1501146 wrote: I am certain the conversational intercourse with Mr Spot would indeed be advantageous to one's quest for knowledgeJoin the queue, I'll consider your application when time permits.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1501139 wrote: I fall into no trap. My amaranthine quest for cognition invariably permits me to source most reliable reports of events. Nor do i possess philistinism when faced with separating hogwash and verisimilitude. One has to take into account, when sourcing reliability from the US, it's akin to finding a pip in a melon field. Most are aberrant at the best of times, contributing to the US national sport of contriving a variety of conspiracy theories. Only this evening, one has been entertained momentarily at the latest headlines that suggest, Ms Clinton is actually dead and a stunt double has been replacing her public appearances for the past few months. My only inconsequential corrigendum being that unfortunately, my late night lethargy contributed to my poor choice of example, in my desire not to waste further time. One had rather hoped, that others would debate the thread question, over and above the content.

First thing that came to my mind was the expression "Bull **** baffles brains" ?
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Re: What is really going on with Clinton?

Quote Originally Posted by Momus

I am certain the conversational intercourse with Mr Spot would indeed be advantageous to one's quest for knowledge

Spot: Join the queue, I'll consider your application when time permits.

hmmm. I believe this might cause people to stop reading the National Enquirer and switch to Mom/Spot or Spot on Mom or . . . .?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Bruv;1501158 wrote: First thing that came to my mind was the expression "Bull **** baffles brains" ?

The first thing I thought was: Huh?

The second thing I thought of was:

If you seek importance through vocabulary most around you will be unaware.
Momus

Post by Momus »

YZGI;1501161 wrote: The first thing I thought was: Huh?

The second thing I thought of was:

If you seek importance through vocabulary most around you will be unaware.

I could not concur more. One loathes the pretentious, pontification.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Momus;1501166 wrote: I could not concur more. One loathes the pretentious, pontification.

Okay, I'll give it to you, I laughed at that.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

We all know how hard it is to make YZGI laugh or tell a joke. Impossible, really; wisey, I've often said you are too serious.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

Mark Aspam;1501106 wrote: And Hillary will be 69 next month. So?

There was a movie, many years ago, about a teenager becoming president of the USA. I can't remember the title, I think a couple of members of the Firesign Theatre were in it. It was pretty funny.Responding to my own post, the name of the film was "Americathon". If you can find a copy, at your library or elsewhere, I recommend it highly, especially in light of the upcoming election.

Return to “Current Political Events”