Calexit?

gmc

Calexit?

Post by gmc »

Yes California Independence Campaign

Well why not. I can relate to this especuially the bits about being ripped off by a goivernment you haven't elected and now facing the rise of right wing christian fundamentalism on neighbouring states. Maybe I should visit th us before it falls apart. The irony is all the economic prioblem aren't due to liberal economics but right wing monetarist policies you can trace the rot back to ronald reagan and in our case margaret thatcher.
Bryn Mawr

Calexit?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1502816 wrote: Yes California Independence Campaign

Well why not. I can relate to this especuially the bits about being ripped off by a goivernment you haven't elected and now facing the rise of right wing christian fundamentalism on neighbouring states. Maybe I should visit th us before it falls apart. The irony is all the economic prioblem aren't due to liberal economics but right wing monetarist policies you can trace the rot back to ronald reagan and in our case margaret thatcher.

I realised that Hawaii and Alaska had viable independence movements but I didn't know about California.
Ahso!

Calexit?

Post by Ahso! »

gmc;1502816 wrote: Yes California Independence Campaign

Well why not. I can relate to this especuially the bits about being ripped off by a goivernment you haven't elected and now facing the rise of right wing christian fundamentalism on neighbouring states. Maybe I should visit th us before it falls apart. The irony is all the economic prioblem aren't due to liberal economics but right wing monetarist policies you can trace the rot back to ronald reagan and in our case margaret thatcher.There's a pretty strong case to be made that the neo-liberal economics of the American Democratic party is a huge - huge negative factor in the state America find itself in.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Calexit?

Post by magentaflame »

Ummmm...... dont be confused by the word "liberal" its actually neo-liberal economics by right wing politicians./ high end business/ elite.

Reagan/Thatcher......and not to be left out and follow suit Howard here.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Ahso!

Calexit?

Post by Ahso! »

You're right, what's known as neo-liberal economic policy began mainly in the eighties with Reagan/Thatcher. However, the policy was co-opted by the democratic party via Bill Clinton. Clinton reclaimed those lost Reagan Democrats by doing so. Since then the democratic party has completely alienated it's progressive base, which is why Clinton lost. Hillary was just another neocon/neoliberal in the same mold as her husband, but even more so, Clinton is GW Bush in a pant suit. Smarter than Bush? Yes! As dangerous as Bush? You bet!

Economically speaking, California, as I understand, doesn't really subscribe to neoliberal economics much, the state reinvests in it's communities, which is contrary.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “United States”