Blocking junk mail

Snowfire

Blocking junk mail

Post by Snowfire »

There is a facility within my e-mail (Outlook ) which gives me the option of blocking junk mail rather than just deleting them. However I can't always do this because some e-mail addresses are "invalid".

How can this be ?

They are convoluted but if they are invalid, how can they function as an email address.

I also get the odd junk mail from my own email address and needless to say, I can't block those either
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
LarsMac

Blocking junk mail

Post by LarsMac »

Snowfire;1502938 wrote: There is a facility within my e-mail (Outlook ) which gives me the option of blocking junk mail rather than just deleting them. However I can't always do this because some e-mail addresses are "invalid".

How can this be ?

They are convoluted but if they are invalid, how can they function as an email address.

I also get the odd junk mail from my own email address and needless to say, I can't block those either

Depends on your actual email server.

You can log into the sever via web browser, and select specific emails and mark them as spam.

Yahoo, Hotmail, and many others provide that option. I don't know for certain if outlook.com does so, but they should be on the hotmail engine, so they should.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Blocking junk mail

Post by FourPart »

I use Message Rules - very aggressive.
spot

Blocking junk mail

Post by spot »

I offer an apology but I've never seen Outlook.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Computers Internet”