Riding the wave...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Riding the wave...

Post by Bruv »

I have always thought history goes in inevitable cycles.

Circumstances contrive to shape changes in attitudes.

Things like the growth of the EU with its open borders, and the Syrian refugee crisis work together.

Now we have a human rights lawyer struck off for false claims, beside Vera Lynn's 100th birthday being marked with the release of an album with echoes of war time patriotism, while the UK's EU break away fearing immigration is changing our way of life.

In America the economic rise of China, the loss of manufacturing in America, added to Mexican illegals 'taking our jobs'.

All this mixed up with ISIS and the obviously recognisable bogey man of Islam, giving us all something to fear and protect our way of life from.

Now the viral 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism goes viral.

I think they call this "A perfect storm" when events align for the very worst possible outcome.

Hang on to your hats................let's hope I'm wrong.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Riding the wave...

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1506220 wrote: I have always thought history goes in inevitable cycles.

Circumstances contrive to shape changes in attitudes.

No problem there.

Bruv;1506220 wrote: Things like the growth of the EU with its open borders, and the Syrian refugee crisis work together.

Now we have a human rights lawyer struck off for false claims, beside Vera Lynn's 100th birthday being marked with the release of an album with echoes of war time patriotism, while the UK's EU break away fearing immigration is changing our way of life.

In America the economic rise of China, the loss of manufacturing in America, added to Mexican illegals 'taking our jobs'.

All this mixed up with ISIS and the obviously recognisable bogey man of Islam, giving us all something to fear and protect our way of life from.

Now the viral 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism goes viral.

Viral like smallpox which affects health in a bad way.

Bruv;1506220 wrote: I think they call this "A perfect storm" when events align for the very worst possible outcome.

Hang on to your hats................let's hope I'm wrong.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Riding the wave...

Post by Bruv »

Wish I knew what on earth you are on about.......................very enigmatic
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “General Chit Chat”