Silent calls

gmc

Silent calls

Post by gmc »

Pet hate of mine I get them in the morning in the evening not so much now. With some of the utimatyed calling system if you don't hang up they can't disconnmect I alays reckined the bet way to discourage them was to keep the phone connecetd and run up theri phone bill. Seems to work i don't get quite so many I've seen me go out for twom or three hours cpme back and it's still connected. Do I feel guilty after all they're just doing their jobs - no I bloody well don't .
Bruv

Silent calls

Post by Bruv »

You rebel.

I have been sworn at in an Asian accent when I asked where they got my number........I see that as a victory.

I did briefly work from home doing a similar thing, I really feel for these people, while detesting them at the same time.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gmc

Silent calls

Post by gmc »

Just set a new personal record of four and a half hours - put it down on the desk and forgot about it altogether. Machine generated ones are the most irritating I have had them early morning and late at night as well.
minks

Silent calls

Post by minks »

here we have laws about the time these "callers" can call us.

let them go to the answering machine, if they do not leave a message too bad so sad, not worth my time worrying about.

one I did pick up recently in error, and the woman went on and on and on and on about a tax coalition and I kept asking her..."what is it you want from me", she could not answer, after about 5 painfully long minutes I told her "stop and listen to me, I know about this tax, I know about the impact on the oil and gas industry that drives this province, I know about the corruption in our government, stop explaining this all to me, why have you called me"

this is what she said "for $120.00 your donation lets you subscribe to....."

I promptly said no thank you and hung up.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Clodhopper

Silent calls

Post by Clodhopper »

I've had a few recently. One at least was Indian in origin, with call centre type background noise. They put the phone down immediately when I interrupted to ask who they were...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Silent calls

Post by gmc »

minks;1507087 wrote: here we have laws about the time these "callers" can call us.

let them go to the answering machine, if they do not leave a message too bad so sad, not worth my time worrying about.

one I did pick up recently in error, and the woman went on and on and on and on about a tax coalition and I kept asking her..."what is it you want from me", she could not answer, after about 5 painfully long minutes I told her "stop and listen to me, I know about this tax, I know about the impact on the oil and gas industry that drives this province, I know about the corruption in our government, stop explaining this all to me, why have you called me"

this is what she said "for $120.00 your donation lets you subscribe to....."

I promptly said no thank you and hung up.

We do as well and they are also supposed to leave a contact number and tell you how they got your contact number if asked they get round it by being based outside the UK. they're also not supposed to call unless they have explicit consent unfortunately if you have ever given somebody your phone number when buying something your number is forever out there it's one reason I don't have any loyalty cards of any kind well except pets at home but I refused to give them my e-mail or phone number. They cannot just say it was from a list provider and they must provide you wityh a name and address and contact number if asked you find they get off the phone very quickly if you push them on it or ask to speak to the supervisor but the foreign ones just hang up.
magentaflame

Silent calls

Post by magentaflame »

I dont answer ANY "private number" calls. If they dont want me to know who they are i dont want to know them.

Granted, police and hospitals use "private number" calls but they use mobile numbers if they really want to contact you. Sometimes for mobile phones youll recieve them after "they" put a virus on your phone after using your phone to web some sites.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Societal Issues News”