radio stations and shows

magentaflame

radio stations and shows

Post by magentaflame »

In the age of digital radio and internet amd podcasts etc.

Do you have a radio show or station that you would like to share with the rest of the members here?

I have one that is iconic in Australia. ABC radio. "Australia all over" with Macca. Ive been listening to this show on a Sunday morning fornearly two decades. I like hearing what people are doing all around Australia and the eorld. Sometimes our soldiers ring inn and say hello or travellers on the high seas. And then those from the cities then those who happen to be on their phone in the outback whilst mustering sheep or cattle.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
tude dog

radio stations and shows

Post by tude dog »

Where I live radio sucks.

Back in California two of my favorite stations were KCSN & KPCC.

At the time there were particular shows I liked, not the general programming common to NPR stations.

All that said , I don't often listen to Bill Handel. Thanks for reminding me of Bill.

That guy has is great a good Saturday morning show, Hande on the law.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

radio stations and shows

Post by gmc »

BBc Radio scotland like yourserlf for the discussions - i tend to listen in then car rather than at home that or radio 2 mainly. Try looking up celtic connections BBC Radio Scotland - Celtic Connections, Best of Celtic Connections with Bruce MacGregor
LarsMac

radio stations and shows

Post by LarsMac »

I have, for decades, enjoyed A Prairie Home Companion, with Garrison Kiellor. The humor and music are terrific.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

radio stations and shows

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1507782 wrote: I have, for decades, enjoyed A Prairie Home Companion, with Garrison Kiellor. The humor and music are terrific.And very proper too. It has helped keep the barbarians from the gate for a significant period.

My radio only receives Radio 4. It lives in the kitchen.

I turn it on at 8am until 8.35 and absorb the news of the day along with coffee.

I turn it on from 6pm to 6.30pm to see how the day has progressed, while I start cooking.

On Friday I leave it on for an extra half hour in the evening to hear what other people have thought of the week.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

radio stations and shows

Post by Snowfire »

Radio 4 in the mornings for the M25 journey to work. I set off at 6:00 am at the latest. Vanessa Feltz is far to shrill that time in the morning

Radio 2 for the journey home in the evening
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
magentaflame

radio stations and shows

Post by magentaflame »

When you guys say radio 2and4 are you talking about BBC radio? I think i here some of those programs on ABC radio national (ABC being equivalent to your BBC and often crosses to it)

Internet is our friend on radio stations frequencys.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

radio stations and shows

Post by spot »

For most of the BBC's history those two radio channels were known respectively as the BBC Home Service (so called to distinguish it from the BBC World Service) and (from the 1930s when it was introduced) the BBC Light Service. They were numbered instead of named in the 1970s.

The Light Service was for trivia such as comedy and music, the Home Service was primarily for news, current affairs, lectures, radio plays and essays.

The World Service allowed the BBC to say one thing to the domestic audience and something entirely different to foreigners, it was the external propaganda channel in contrast to the internal propaganda channel.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

radio stations and shows

Post by FourPart »

I have BBC Radio Solent on in the bedroom 24/7, as well as on my car radio. Although it is a local Radio Station, it does have an international online following.

BBC Radio Solent radio stream - Listen online for free
magentaflame

radio stations and shows

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1507791 wrote: For most of the BBC's history those two radio channels were known respectively as the BBC Home Service (so called to distinguish it from the BBC World Service) and (from the 1930s when it was introduced) the BBC Light Service. They were numbered instead of named in the 1970s.

The Light Service was for trivia such as comedy and music, the Home Service was primarily for news, current affairs, lectures, radio plays and essays.

The World Service allowed the BBC to say one thing to the domestic audience and something entirely different to foreigners, it was the external propaganda channel in contrast to the internal propaganda channel.

Lol that makes sense. I often hear BBC world service. ABC has a world service too RN, (Radio National) our government doesnt believe in propaganda ....... they just wanted to shut the entire service down citing at one point. "National interests"...... and then there was national comdemnation and we still have it.

Fourpart, im like you. ABC GIPPSLAND goes on in the kitchen and stays on all day.

ABC Mackay Queensland is rather entertaining at the moment......especially weatherwise.
minks

radio stations and shows

Post by minks »

SIRIUS/XM radio for me thanks. (satellite radio I believe)

no commercials, barely any blather. The Dj's when they do talk stick to music topics. Yes it's based out of the USA but again there is no news, or current events. It's music, accompanied by a little music conversation.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
High Threshold

radio stations and shows

Post by High Threshold »

magentaflame;1507775 wrote: In the age of digital radio and internet amd podcasts etc.

Do you have a radio show or station that you would like to share with the rest of the members here?

I have one that is iconic in Australia. ABC radio. "Australia all over" with Macca. Ive been listening to this show on a Sunday morning fornearly two decades. I like hearing what people are doing all around Australia and the eorld. Sometimes our soldiers ring inn and say hello or travellers on the high seas. And then those from the cities then those who happen to be on their phone in the outback whilst mustering sheep or cattle.
In the mid/late 70's I used to listen to BFBS when I was with RAF Gatow in West Berlin. The RAF no longer resides at that address but BFBS is still good for a listen.

https://tunein.com/radio/BFBS-Germany-1030-s6175/

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”