Printing Problems

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
FourPart

Printing Problems

Post by FourPart »

Can anyone help with an ongoing issue I have?

I am running W7 & have an HP Deskjet 3634 Wireless Printer networked via the Router (which is wired to the PC).

Whenever I try to print from a MS product (Word, WordPad, Excel, etc) nothing happens - it doesn't even get sent to the Print Buffer. However, If I want to print something I need to save it as a PDF, then print it from such applications as Adobe Acrobat or PDF Architect.

The fact that I am able to print from other applications proves that the printer, itself, is correctly installed & networked. How can I make it work on MS products? I've done loads of searching on Google, to no avail, as all the solutions come back about adding a printer, which is no help, seeing as the printer is already added with all the relevant drivers.
LarsMac

Printing Problems

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1517821 wrote: Can anyone help with an ongoing issue I have?

I am running W7 & have an HP Deskjet 3634 Wireless Printer networked via the Router (which is wired to the PC).

Whenever I try to print from a MS product (Word, WordPad, Excel, etc) nothing happens - it doesn't even get sent to the Print Buffer. However, If I want to print something I need to save it as a PDF, then print it from such applications as Adobe Acrobat or PDF Architect.

The fact that I am able to print from other applications proves that the printer, itself, is correctly installed & networked. How can I make it work on MS products? I've done loads of searching on Google, to no avail, as all the solutions come back about adding a printer, which is no help, seeing as the printer is already added with all the relevant drivers.

I have a wireless connected printer, it seems that if I have not used it for a few days, I have to re-start the printer before MS will send the job to it.

Haven't really investigated why, yet. I use it more for scanning docs that printing, anyway.

I leave PDF as the default printer, since most of what I print is sent via email, rather than printed to paper. And. like you, Printing PDF docs seems to not be a problem.

We have both Win 7 and Win 10, and see the same behavior.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”