EXTRA TAX ON PCs towards NHS funding !!! What next ????

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

News just coming through that as there are so many computers owned by the public as well as business, the government are proposing to introduce a special computer tax to help towards extra funding for the NHS !!! :mad:

Gawd computers cost enough as it is !!They haven't stated how much extra they are thinking about, so I suppose that will be a lovely surprise for some time in the near future. :-5
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Is this the April Fool's Joke I was talking about ?

We're being Taxed to death here..

Patsy
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

It's actually quite likely post brexit.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Clodhopper;1518560 wrote: It's actually quite likely post brexit.

It's quite likely something to do with the date the news became public.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

And yet it's posts like this which affect elections. Quick joke, long term collapse of responsible society.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

It's quite likely something to do with the date the news became public.

Yeah, I got that :) I just think there might be more truth in it than suspected.

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Clodhopper;1518568 wrote: Yeah, I got that :) I just think there might be more truth in it than suspected.

I think you just confirmed Spot's post.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

The referendum confirmed spot's post. Brexit carries a genuine risk that if it's at the bad end of possible results (and I don't believe the brexit claims that it will be easy and we'll get great deals) then society will hit a major crisis and violence becomes likely. There was violence when Thatcher took on the Unions after all and that wasn't as big or as controversial a change as this, we've seen the spike in race hate crime that followed just the referendum and the murder of Jo Cox - in fact the violence has already started, QED.

Someone I know who married and moved here but left the guy a decade later (he was a superb con artist - took us all a while to realise it) is in tears because the government is after her to suddenly pay an additional £1500 even though she is a British citizen who took the Test and paid the relevant fees at the time. All because of brexit. Wouldn't be happening without brexit.

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The thread is about an April Fool joke.................you just reminded me of the Monty Python Spam sketch ..........................replacing Brexit for spam of course.

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Yes it was an April Fools joke. So glad that Mr. spot appreciated the intended humour ! Glad to see some of you taking it in good part and hopefully with a smile. Sad that some were a little miserable about it though, as it was certainly not intended to be serious.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “Current Events”