Well done Dina-Asher Smith!

Discuss all types of sports.
spot

Post by spot »

Dina-Asher Smith became the first British woman to win a major global sprint title as she stormed to victory in 200m at the World Championships.

The 23-year-old, who won silver in the 100m, was the outstanding favourite and outclassed the field to take gold in a British record of 21.88 seconds.

"I'm lost for words. I dreamed of this and now it's real," she told BBC Sport. "I don't think it's properly sunk in."

Brittany Brown took silver (22.22) and Swiss Mujinga Kambundji bronze (22.51).

Asher-Smith is also the first Briton to win a world or Olympic sprint title since Linford Christie at Stuttgart 1993.

"I woke up today thinking, 'This is it. This is the moment you did all your work for'. The tiredness disappeared," she added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/49914205

That's something to remember. I'll look for a clip on YouTube and watch.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

spot;1525868 wrote: That's something to remember. I'll look for a clip on YouTube and watch.

Tremendous achievement even though her three main rivals were unable to compete.

However if Shaunee Miller Uibo runs both the 400 and 200 metres next year , the Gold will almost certainly go to Shaunee in the 200 . Dina would have to find considerable further improvement , although she has age on her side . However, SMU looks to be one of the all time greats and at 186 cms is smooth as silk and cruises like a missile.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”