How good is your MP?

Discuss the latest political news.
Bryn Mawr

How good is your MP?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

An interesting idea, having a ranking system to grade MPs on their openness and effectiveness :-

https://www.change.org/l/uk/the-people- ... tm_term=cs

All MPs should be accountable to their constituents - does the panel think that this

could be an workable way of achieving this?
spot

How good is your MP?

Post by spot »

A neat listing. Here's a plot.

The parties are

blue Conservative

smudge DUP

orange Independent

red Labour

green Liberal Democrat

purpleScottish National Party

The way to read it is to see whether the upward curve is convex or concave. Convex means a bias toward worse ratings - more of the MPs in that party get bad ratings - and concave is the reverse. Better MPs in that party on average.

Only Labour is concave / better MPs, by the look of it.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

How good is your MP?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1528453 wrote: A neat listing. Here's a plot.

The parties are

blue Conservative

smudge DUP

orange Independent

red Labour

green Liberal Democrat

purpleScottish National Party

The way to read it is to see whether the upward curve is convex or concave. Convex means a bias toward worse ratings - more of the MPs in that party get bad ratings - and concave is the reverse. Better MPs in that party on average.

Only Labour is concave / better MPs, by the look of it.

SNP and Lib Dems look good (area under the curve and all that) but what I did notice is that almost all of the last fifty or so are Conservative.

Return to “Current Political Events”