On solving the present Incel crisis

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

On solving the present Incel crisis

Post by spot »

An opinion piece in today's Guardian raises a topic I had not previously been aware of, that of the Incel.
The Philadelphia activist and Democrat politician, Alexandra Hunt, this week called for just this. “We should be moving toward a right to sex,” she said, highlighting a 2019 Washington Post graph showing that 28% of men and 18% of women aged 18-30 had reported no sex at all in the preceding year.

[...] the notion of men having a right to sex sits at the heart of the incel movement, which is a full-blown terrorist philosophy, with real people killing other real people, predominantly women but sometimes men who get in the way, in its name. Frequently, incels leave behind screeds of text detailing why “Staceys” have brought them to this pass by withholding sexually. Such ideas are then taken up by mainstream conservatism which concludes, sadly, that while it would be wrong to force a woman into sex, if one of the ladies had taken Elliot Rodger for the team in 2014, six innocent people would still be alive.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... the-answer

No compulsion can be applied to any woman, the idea is repellent madness. Equally it's clear from the opinion piece there is a large proportion of adult men who are so unprepossessing that nobody, man or woman, would waste their sympathy with so much as a one night stand. The resulting Incel may well be a time bomb. My first thought was "he is clearly unfit to attract man or beast", but therein perhaps is a ready made solution: the beast bit.

I suggest there is more benefit than drawback in re-legalizing congress with, specifically, dogs. He will then have an outlet, the entire human female gender will be relegated by him to the backburner and the existence of pets will finally have a rational purpose.

Perhaps some backwoods state in America has already done this, in which case evidence might be gathered to test the idea.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Re: On solving the present Incel crisis

Post by LarsMac »

Our neighbors to the north have that worked out, I think
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Political Events”