Men doing housework

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
pina

Men doing housework

Post by pina »

I've just read an article in the local paper here in Spain that a Law has just been passed to allow women to take men to court for not doing enough housework.

What do you think?

ps. My man will have to hoover now and again or I will threaten to take him to court :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

capt_buzzard

Men doing housework

Post by capt_buzzard »

Let them try that in England :D Or Ireland
pina

Men doing housework

Post by pina »

capt_buzzard wrote: Let them try that in England :D

Would NEVER work, most english men think...I stress THINK....they are too butch to do housework:rolleyes:

capt_buzzard

Men doing housework

Post by capt_buzzard »

pina wrote: Would NEVER work, most english men think...I stress THINK....they are too butch to do housework:rolleyes:They are of the same breed here also. But I cannot manage the hoover. It falls apart on me.I'll stick to mowing the lawn and putting out the wheelie bins
minks

Men doing housework

Post by minks »

OMG in his favor the ex used to do housework that was such a blessing. My father and brother do it too.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
capt_buzzard

Men doing housework

Post by capt_buzzard »

Far Rider wrote: I don't mind housework I help out, probably not as much my wife wants me too. but my lawns are cut sharp all the time and looking good!:wah: I thought you were female. :wah:
minks

Men doing housework

Post by minks »

care to come cut my lawn, now that is a big job for me and I really don't like it hehehehe

― Mae West
BTS

Men doing housework

Post by BTS »

Far Rider wrote: I don't mind housework I help out, probably not as much my wife wants me too. but my lawns are cut sharp all the time and looking good!
You hit the nail "RIGHT" on the head Far.

Mamas house don't look good inside unless the outside is a shining too!

Oh Yah.......About the earlier reference to vacuums........... I get sick and tired of removing huge unrecognizable objects from the inlet on them. At least when men run a vacuum they have the intelligence to and kick it under the couch instead of trying to pick up with vacuum...........
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
devist8me

Men doing housework

Post by devist8me »

Hmmm, wonder how it's decided if a man does enough housework.

In this household, hubby does all the outdoor chores, I so all the inside. Works well.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
greydeadhead

Men doing housework

Post by greydeadhead »

Sure.. I will do more housework.. anytime.. as long as she takes care of the lawn.. and gardens.. and tunes up all the equipment, and the boat.. and vehicles. Not to mention doing the home repairs,.. etc.. I am all for equal opportunity.. wonderful thing..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Peg

Men doing housework

Post by Peg »

I'd much rather take care of the lawn, garden, paint, and do the simple home repairs and leave the housework to him!

Whoever has more time on their hands at the time does what needs done whether it's inside or out. Since I work steady dayturn, he does more of the cooking than I do. :D
hotsauce

Men doing housework

Post by hotsauce »

My hubs is a clean freak. He wants all the remotes at a certain degrees on the coffee table. He likes lines in the carpet at all times. He is WONDERFUL about cleaning. He may have to take me to court though.
gmc

Men doing housework

Post by gmc »

My father died when i was a little kid and we were all expected to muck in and help around the house since my mother had to work full time standing on your dignity as a male just wasn't on, I always remember the embarassment of being seen hanging out the washing by my friends and seeing them laughing and my mother's comment-that If doing housework and hanging out the washing washing you've just done makes you less of a man you are probably not much of one in the first place.

Even now I can't think of a suitable counter.
capt_buzzard

Men doing housework

Post by capt_buzzard »

Peg wrote: I'd much rather take care of the lawn, garden, paint, and do the simple home repairs and leave the housework to him!

Whoever has more time on their hands at the time does what needs done whether it's inside or out. Since I work steady dayturn, he does more of the cooking than I do. :DIts the other way round here Peg.:wah:
LottomagicZ4941

Men doing housework

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

My wife claims she finds it sexy when I vacuume.

I do know that pregnant women should not change out cat litter.

If a guy can get sued for not doing enough house work I guess we could sue for not getting enough meals cooked. Oh wait that is also house work.

Pay wise I'm maxed out where I work so in a few more years the wife may end up making more money then me.

My kid just turned 3 months old today.

When do I get to put him to work?

One one jet video they made a kid into a mop:)

Well my wife is part Spanish so I better do my share or she will do worse then take me to court:)

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/?sponsor=Z4941

MagicZ4941A
capt_buzzard

Men doing housework

Post by capt_buzzard »

And I do all the DIY in/outside the house while the lady goes shopping with other ladies shouting us men down.:-1
Peg

Men doing housework

Post by Peg »

Once men are done doing the yard work, they should have plenty of time to do the housework. :p
Nuthrday

Men doing housework

Post by Nuthrday »

Peg, you scamp!! Ha! I do it cuz it's easy for me, not that I like it much. He does a ton and a half of yard work, which I do not like. Funny, indoors and outdoors still need work! Anybody want a nice piece of property in Central Oregon????

But seriously, making housecleaning a law; how ridiculous is that? A waste of governement' s time, but, oh yeah, it's government!!
Nomad

Men doing housework

Post by Nomad »

Lets see.......yesterday I vacuumed, dusted, did the dishes & cooked dinner.

No problem I dont love it but I dont hate it & besides Im a clean freak so Im compelled !

Dust particulate is my enemy ! :-3 (not sure why I tell people that) but my family gets a kick out of it so..................

As long as my laundry gets done Im happy !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

Men doing housework

Post by Peg »

I hate dusting more than anything. I have an obsession with dirty dishes and laundry. Can't stand dirty dishes or dirty clothes.
Nomad

Men doing housework

Post by Nomad »

I hate the dust more than I hate the dusting.

But Im a total freak about it so it cant be helped. :wah:

I can be completely relaxed feet up watching tv and if I spot lint (which I will) Ill remove myself immediately from relaxed position pounce, attack & eliminate said lint with a vengeance thus total freak.
I AM AWESOME MAN
jasmund

Men doing housework

Post by jasmund »

Where were you before I divorced my ex that is the perfect quote, I worked plus did the lawn, and all house chores, and I do mean all.

-let it be said!!!!!!
Nomad

Men doing housework

Post by Nomad »

Sounds like you did the right thing.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men doing housework

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

men DO house work?...... mine would`nt know a hoover if i boofed him round the head with it.
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Betty Boop

Men doing housework

Post by Betty Boop »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: men DO house work?...... mine would`nt know a hoover if i boofed him round the head with it.
:yh_rotfl

Apparently so, I haven't found one yet either!!!
Betty Boop

Men doing housework

Post by Betty Boop »

Far Rider wrote: Well last night I spent two hours cleaning up the house, garden, watered plants, did laundry, dusted, cleaned windows and concrete.

oh and I have a single brother too..... hehehehehe Betty! :sneaky:

You only did all that cos the wife's away!! Bet she's due back!!!!
Jives

Men doing housework

Post by Jives »

pina wrote: I've just read an article in the local paper here in Spain that a Law has just been passed to allow women to take men to court for not doing enough housework.

Holy smokes!!!!

(Jives jumps up and rushes off to clean the windows!)
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
minks

Men doing housework

Post by minks »

ok on this topic do tell me something

there is always kind of a primary cleaner and a secondary helper cleaner in a household.

So if primary does most be it man or woman and secondary pitches in, do you primary folk accept their job and be happy for it, or are you the type that really wish they would do it "your way" My gawd in my married life I had friends where she screached he never does housework anymore, and he pipes up because you hated the way I did it. Holly hannah I would be just greatful for any help.

Housework is housework and if some one reduces the amount you have by any means take it be happy!!!!

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Men doing housework

Post by Betty Boop »

Far Rider wrote: um, well, you know what? your right! hahahahaha..... but I also installed a very nice piece of stain glass that I had made to order for a special surprise!

aawww, aren't you sweet!!
chonsigirl

Men doing housework

Post by chonsigirl »

Primary and secondary cleaners in a house, (oh brother). I thought that is why we had kids, so they could start doing the chores! That doesn't seem to work much either.
cars

Men doing housework

Post by cars »

I guess it depends on your generation, as I was taught by my Mother when I was young, how to fend for myself. My Mother always said just in case, you never know what kind of woman you may marry, so you have to be able to take care of yourself. She taught me first most importantly how to COOK, (which I'm a great cook) wash the laundry, clean the house-including doing windows, and vacuuming! She also taught me how to sew on bottons & do hems on paints legs!!! I can take care of myself very well, thankyou Mom!

Anyway as fate would have it, my Wife is not a cleaning freek.

She is a "Sanitizing" freek, ordinary cleaning is not good enough! Luckily I had good training, so I normally don't make too much of a mess for her to have to pick on!! As far as cooking, My Wife is arguablly the world's best cook, so I lucked out there! But she appreciates it when I do the cooking to give her a break.

As for the House cleaning, we share the chores about 50/50, the way it should be. :)
Cars :)
minks

Men doing housework

Post by minks »

cars wrote: I guess it depends on your generation, as I was taught by my Mother when I was young, how to fend for myself. My Mother always said just in case, you never know what kind of woman you may marry, so you have to be able to take care of yourself. She taught me first most importantly how to COOK, (which I'm a great cook) wash the laundry, clean the house-including doing windows, and vacuuming! She also taught me how to sew on bottons & do hems on paints legs!!! I can take care of myself very well, thankyou Mom!

Anyway as fate would have it, my Wife is not a cleaning freek.

She is a "Sanitizing" freek, ordinary cleaning is not good enough! Luckily I had good training, so I normally don't make too much of a mess for her to have to pick on!! As far as cooking, My Wife is arguablly the world's best cook, so I lucked out there! But she appreciates it when I do the cooking to give her a break.

As for the House cleaning, we share the chores about 50/50, the way it should be. :)

You have a very smart mom Cars. Yes I would all kids should be raised that way, taught to fend for themselves to some degree, you never know when your going to be foisted out on your own.

My father did not clean or cook until he was about....55 when he retired hehehehehehe And mom kept on working (smart lady huh)

― Mae West

Return to “Home Management”