Soap

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
rainbowsmiles

Soap

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Are there any cold-processed soap makers on this forum? I make it all the time and I love finding and sharing recipes so I thought I'd check if its a hobby for anyone else on here! :)
minks

Soap

Post by minks »

rainbowsmiles wrote: Are there any cold-processed soap makers on this forum? I make it all the time and I love finding and sharing recipes so I thought I'd check if its a hobby for anyone else on here! :)

No but it sounds like a grand hobby. I know soap making is popular when we go to craft sales.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
rainbowsmiles

Soap

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Its fun. And very rewarding when it turns out well and everyone uses the bars and loves them! :)
pink princess

Soap

Post by pink princess »

i had no idea you could handmake soap!

never even thought of it.....

excellent idea though
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
rainbowsmiles

Soap

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Its nice because you can control what goes into it, therefore, you control what goes on your body :) I'm an essential oil junkie and I like creating my own scents so making soap is a great way of using my homemade scents as well!
Jives

Soap

Post by Jives »

I saw this on the news last night, the guys were making a popular soap called "Sante Fe Soap" or something like that.

What was really cool was that they said that once you use that kind, you'll never go back to the other because it's just chemicals!:o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
rainbowsmiles

Soap

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Its true. We call the stuff on the shelves at the store "soap" but it isn't really "soap" as the pioneers knew it. The stuff at the store is just harsh chemicals. Its terrible. If you know the ingredients in that stuff, most of it is very harmful and drying to the skin.

Making your own soap you can just use the oils that benefit your skin type (like jojoba, olive, palm, etc...) - whatever you choose, avoiding all the other gunk.

Return to “Arts Crafts”