About behavior of abortionists

Cloudchaser

Post by Cloudchaser »

I don't understand why many pro-abortion groups, online forums and individuals talk about how it's a person's right to be for abortion and/or get an abortion if they want to, even if it's just because of it being too inconvienient to carry a baby until it's born and give it up for adoption, while at the same time refusing to talk with those who oppose abortion or allowing them to remain members of their group/forum. Doesn't that seem hypocritical?

It also seems like refusing to discuss abortion with those who oppose it is being closed minded as if to say "I couldn't possibly be wrong, so discussing it with someone who opposes abortion is a waste of my time" or "I know I'm wrong and I don't want to be reminded of it"

Why is it that abortionists are so willing to beleive anything that proves them right, but anything proving them wrong is flawed in some way or another?

Cloudchaser
BTS

Post by BTS »

Good post Cloudchaser,

It strikes me weird that most polls support tighter reigns on abortions and for accountability of teenagers to their parents, but when a person tries to make these points they holler that they are out of the mainstream............ Huh?

I challenge the pro choice crowd to check the polls and show me different.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

There's a strong difference between having an opinion and being a militant.

In my experience, most people who will violently argue for or against something and refuse to listen to debate usually have some sort of other agenda that's driving them, such as people who were abused becoming radical feminists, etc.
Lenn

Post by Lenn »

Cloudchaser;117642 wrote:

Why is it that abortionists are so willing to beleive anything that proves them right, but anything proving them wrong is flawed in some way or another?

The same may be said about the pro-life people. They also tend to believe that what they say is absolutely true, whereas what other say is totally false. It's somehow normal and I don't know why you blame the abortionists only. What's more, I have been watching the struggle between pro-life and pro-choice wings and am pretty sure that pro-life activists - especially those who are somehow connected with catholic church - are much more aggresive and intolerant when it comes to listening to the other side's arguments. I have also watched the abortion debate while being in Poland and came to conclusion that there is nothing more stupid and nothing more aggresive than a catholic, pro-life Pole.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Cloudchaser;117642 wrote: I don't understand why many pro-abortion groups, online forums and individuals talk about how it's a person's right to be for abortion and/or get an abortion if they want to, even if it's just because of it being too inconvienient to carry a baby until it's born and give it up for adoption, while at the same time refusing to talk with those who oppose abortion or allowing them to remain members of their group/forum. Doesn't that seem hypocritical?

It also seems like refusing to discuss abortion with those who oppose it is being closed minded as if to say "I couldn't possibly be wrong, so discussing it with someone who opposes abortion is a waste of my time" or "I know I'm wrong and I don't want to be reminded of it"

Cloudchaser

They do it for the same reason that I do not care to discuss religion or the bible with believers. All the discussion in the world will not change my thinking.
spot

Post by spot »

Cloudchaser;117642 wrote: Why is it that abortionists are so willing to beleive anything that proves them right, but anything proving them wrong is flawed in some way or another?

The words you use that I don't understand in this context are wrong, right and prove. I understand legal, illegal and evidence.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Cloudchaser;117642 wrote:

Cloudchaser

Your talking what us British refer to as ' bollocks'
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Abortion”