opportunity playgroup

A forum for our physically challenged members.
Debsbabe

opportunity playgroup

Post by Debsbabe »

Both my boys started an opportunity playgroup Monday Cameron wasn't too sure he isn't one for crowds and strangers at all really. it was very noisey in the first room so his worker Michelle took him into the quiet room and then he fell aslep! She was most upset. She seems a lovely lady who had been working with a little girl with DS for the past 2 years until the girl went to mainstream nursery so when she saw Cameron on the list she jumped at the chance to have him. wednesday they went again and guess what? He fell asleep again this time only for half an hour!

Callum (my elder boy who is only attending as a sibbling to a special needs child loved every moment of it he didn't want to come home just wanted to stay there!

Anyway looked into camerons mouth yesterday and he is cutting 4 teeth at once! cant believe it!! so maybe why he has been a little grumpy lately.

Also had our charity night last Friday and we raised so far altogether £1100 ($1900) but there is more to come in so should have more than £1500 ($2700) ish!!!

was a really good night and everyone enjoyed themselves the full monty went down brilliantly.

Love Debbie and Cameron (08/12/04) xxxx:wah:
jasmund

opportunity playgroup

Post by jasmund »

-Upset?, ah, why!

-I need alittle more information, I will pm ya.

-But the word upset, so far doesnt sit well with me,children pick up on that.

-Jasmund(I just had a go with my sons science teacher)

-First year teaching 8th grade, was soooooooo disgusted that I asked her if this was her first year teaching, my son forgot his binder to this class, and was just using a notebook to take notes(what else was he to do) she gave him detention.

First, you call and discuss it with parent, then you set up a time,how did this women know bud didnt have a younger sibling to get off the bus, or an elderly grandparent etc. I explained when she finally took a breath, you have 5 classes,30 student thats 150 single parents or 300 married parents,generalized,so if this is how you are, her words straight forward, no excuses accepted , my time, my class, "I reserve the right to keep you child after school" etc. your going to have several cranky phone calls, and um, no you havent been straight forward, just blatently RUDE!!!!!!!

I further explained that the next time she kept my school without anyone knowing where he was, I would have her job.-

-Jasmund
Debsbabe

opportunity playgroup

Post by Debsbabe »

sorry she wasn't upset as in a bad way she was just looking forward to being with cameron and then he fell asleep! prbably my english which is misinterpreted. Us british use some strange words i suppose.

No she was lovely and the playgroup is lovely, very relaxed atmosphere unless your in the noisey rood of course (Need ear muffs in there!)

Love Debbie and Cameron xxxx
robinseggs

opportunity playgroup

Post by robinseggs »

jasmund wrote: -Upset?, ah, why!

-I need alittle more information, I will pm ya.

-But the word upset, so far doesnt sit well with me,children pick up on that.

-Jasmund(I just had a go with my sons science teacher)

-First year teaching 8th grade, was soooooooo disgusted that I asked her if this was her first year teaching, my son forgot his binder to this class, and was just using a notebook to take notes(what else was he to do) she gave him detention.

First, you call and discuss it with parent, then you set up a time,how did this women know bud didnt have a younger sibling to get off the bus, or an elderly grandparent etc. I explained when she finally took a breath, you have 5 classes,30 student thats 150 single parents or 300 married parents,generalized,so if this is how you are, her words straight forward, no excuses accepted , my time, my class, "I reserve the right to keep you child after school" etc. your going to have several cranky phone calls, and um, no you havent been straight forward, just blatently RUDE!!!!!!!

I further explained that the next time she kept my school without anyone knowing where he was, I would have her job.-

-Jasmund

Yes Jasmund she sounds very inexperienced. Hang in there!! I think you need to tell the principal how she talked to you. It was innapropriate also!! Keep us posted.
Nature laughs Last
robinseggs

opportunity playgroup

Post by robinseggs »

Debsbabe wrote: Both my boys started an opportunity playgroup Monday Cameron wasn't too sure he isn't one for crowds and strangers at all really. it was very noisey in the first room so his worker Michelle took him into the quiet room and then he fell aslep! She was most upset. She seems a lovely lady who had been working with a little girl with DS for the past 2 years until the girl went to mainstream nursery so when she saw Cameron on the list she jumped at the chance to have him. wednesday they went again and guess what? He fell asleep again this time only for half an hour!

Callum (my elder boy who is only attending as a sibbling to a special needs child loved every moment of it he didn't want to come home just wanted to stay there!

Anyway looked into camerons mouth yesterday and he is cutting 4 teeth at once! cant believe it!! so maybe why he has been a little grumpy lately.

Also had our charity night last Friday and we raised so far altogether £1100 ($1900) but there is more to come in so should have more than £1500 ($2700) ish!!!

was a really good night and everyone enjoyed themselves the full monty went down brilliantly.

Love Debbie and Cameron (08/12/04) xxxx:wah:

Fantastic Deb! Keep up the good work!! I know what you are doing as I am collecting also for Juvenile Diabetes...our big fundraising "Walk to Cure" is Sept 25th and I am a walk comittee volunteer member! Good for you w/ Cameron and the playgroup! It is probably just a little overwhelming in the beginning for him and he won't always be falling asleep. As for big bro...I think it is great the program allows siblings to take part! Callum needs special care/attention just being a brother to a special needs little brother. You are doing a great job for both of them!!!!!
Nature laughs Last

Return to “Physically Challenged”