Emmerdale

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
capt_buzzard

Emmerdale

Post by capt_buzzard »

I love to watch Emmerdale:driving:http://www.emmerdale.org
Bez

Emmerdale

Post by Bez »

I used to....some of the characters are getting a bit nasty now...remeber Ma Sugden, Henry Wilks...those were the days

A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
capt_buzzard

Emmerdale

Post by capt_buzzard »

Bez wrote: I used to....some of the characters are getting a bit nasty now...remeber Ma Sugden, Henry Wilks...those were the days

Yes,the old Emmerdale was much better. Can't be the old ways.
pina

Emmerdale

Post by pina »

Emmerdale is the best of all the soaps. its the only one I watch regular.

Bez

Emmerdale

Post by Bez »

Can anyone remember how many wives Jack has had ?
capt_buzzard

Emmerdale

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Mrs is glued to the TV on winter nights. The Bill, Emmerdale, Corrie, The X-Factor,
Bez

Emmerdale

Post by Bez »

Does that mean you'll be visiting FG more then ???

I'm not a lover of the soaps...I do watch Casualty and Holby city though. When I was a kid we didn't have TV and the next door neighbour let me go to her house on a Friday night to watch Emergency ward 10 and Take your Pick with Michael Miles in glorious black and White.
capt_buzzard

Emmerdale

Post by capt_buzzard »

Corrie, http://www.corrie.net

:driving: :driving: :driving:
Bez

Emmerdale

Post by Bez »

Emergeny Ward Ten....1957 -1967...John Alderton ...so young...
capt_buzzard

Emmerdale

Post by capt_buzzard »

Bez wrote: Does that mean you'll be visiting FG more then ???

I'm not a lover of the soaps...I do watch Casualty and Holby city though. When I was a kid we didn't have TV and the next door neighbour let me go to her house on a Friday night to watch Emergency ward 10 and Take your Pick with Michael Miles in glorious black and White.I'll try and get in once or twice a week.

:guitarist
abbey

Emmerdale

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: Can anyone remember how many wives Jack has had ?Was one of them Dolly?

Or was that the sheep :D
Bez

Emmerdale

Post by Bez »

Yeh...Dolly the barmaid...and Sarah and ????
abbey

Emmerdale

Post by abbey »

Was'nt Dolly married to Matt Skillbeck??
Bez

Emmerdale

Post by Bez »

Yes she was.....his first wife was Pat Merrick...gets confusing because 2 actresses played the part....same as Sarah....

Born Pat Harker in Beckindale, ( She was know as Ruth in the early days) Pat Merrick returned to her roots in September 1980 after a disastrous marriage. She rediscovered romance with teenage sweetheart Jack Sugden, yet this happy event was to have unforeseen repercussions. When Jack had left Emmerdale in 1964 after an argument with his father, he was blissfully unaware that his girlfriend, Pat Harker, was pregnant. Neither did Tom Merrick - the man who married Pat immediately afterwards while she was on the rebound from her teenage relationship was also ignorant of the fact. Pat disappeared from Beckindale in the early 1970s. Pat had another child, Sandie, by Tom, and both Jackie and Sandie were by her side when she returned in 1980. After Pat's divorce, she became friendly with Jack again and they married at Hotten Registry Office in 1982 (though not until after a set-to between Jack and Tom outside the Woolpack!). By that time, Jack knew that Jackie was in fact his son, not Tom Merrick's. When the lad discovered the truth in a most unfortunate way, after an argument between the two, he was understandably resentful. Jackie had naturally regarded Tom as his father, and both took the news badly, but, by the time of Jackie's death in 1989, Jack and Jackie were close. Ironically, Jack and Pat's marriage - the original catalyst for Jackie's rebellious outbursts - had been close to ending when jack's affair with Hotten Market employee Karen Moore became public knowledge. A resentful Pat, wondering if her second marriage had been as big a mistake as her first, decided to act. Taking the bull by the horns, she confronted the lovers in their nest and laid down the law in typically straightforward style: 'Come home now or you'll never see me again.' Jack had needed no second bidding, having finally realized where his responsibilities lay when Jackie was injured in a road accident. Tom Merrick was persuaded to look after Emmerdale while Jack and Pat kept joint vigil at their son's bedside. After several days hovering at the brink, Jackie finalls opened his eyes and called Jack 'Dad'. Never before had he acknowledged him as his natural father. Jack and Pat had a further son, Robert, in March, 1986, but Pat was killed later that same year when her car plunged down a hillside as she swerved to avoid a flock of straying sheep. By that time, she'd become part of the extended Emmerdale family looking after Sam Pearson's vegetable garden and taking readily to life on the farm. Paradoxically, her death cemented Jackie's new-found relationship with Jack, and this helped both parties pull through.

Return to “General TV Shows”