Free Financial Advice

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

I have decided to offer free financial advice on this Forum. A sorta like-----Ask Lon. Considering the fact that I got paid for doing this at one time, it's a great deal. I take no responsibility for any advice given and ask that you consider the source.
lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

can you loan me a half a mil? ;) ....that is very nice of you to do Lon.:)
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

lady cop wrote: can you loan me a half a mil? ;) ....that is very nice of you to do Lon.:)

No-----I only will make a minimum of a 2 million loan. Do you have collateral?
chonsigirl

Free Financial Advice

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, I'll ask for the minimum of 2 mil. I'll put up my bunny slippers for collateral.

:-6
lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

Lon wrote: No-----I only will make a minimum of a 2 million loan. Do you have collateral?ok i will borrow 2 mil....then you can find me! :D ...my collateral is not worth 2 mil, so how can you do it? i will say this in all seriousness, i wish i knew you years ago, i am not a stupid woman, but i lost a half mil on euro disney. it cost me my house.
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

lady cop wrote: ok i will borrow 2 mil....then you can find me! :D ...my collateral is not worth 2 mil, so how can you do it? i will say this in all seriousness, i wish i knew you years ago, i am not a stupid woman, but i lost a half mil on euro disney. it cost me my house.

Gosh darn, just can't do it without proper collateral. No Van Gough paintings or diamond tiaras? Any antique furniture or valuable old coins?
BabyRider

Free Financial Advice

Post by BabyRider »

Hey Lon, I think this is very generous of you! I may actaully need some advice in the near future, can I PM you with it when I'm ready?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

chonsigirl wrote: Well, I'll ask for the minimum of 2 mil. I'll put up my bunny slippers for collateral.

:-6

I will take your loan request under consideration once you have completed and return to me the 2,678 pages of required data, signed and dated in the proper spot. I will also need a signature quarantee.
lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

Lon wrote: Gosh darn, just can't do it without proper collateral. No Van Gough paintings or diamond tiaras? Any antique furniture or valuable old coins?yes, and i gave it all away to my siblings. whom i love and would help me if i asked. so i have this horrible witch of an aunt and when she goes i will get a few bucks...how come i never think of her and don't care?
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

BabyRider wrote: Hey Lon, I think this is very generous of you! I may actaully need some advice in the near future, can I PM you with it when I'm ready?

Of course. Be sure to enclose the second and 7th digit of your Social Security number as a Security Precaution when you make your request.
chonsigirl

Free Financial Advice

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, I'm practicing my signature now....................

Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

lady cop wrote: yes, and i gave it all away to my siblings. whom i love and would help me if i asked. so i have this horrible witch of an aunt and when she goes i will get a few bucks...how come i never think of her and don't care?

In addition to financial advice, I do hexes. Would you like me to put a HEX on your aunt?
lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

Lon wrote: In addition to financial advice, I do hexes. Would you like me to put a HEX on your aunt?no, i would like you to go there and strangle her.:) .. i will pay you.
BabyRider

Free Financial Advice

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: no, i would like you to go there and strangle her.:)
Oh...oh, fine. I've been telling you for WEEKS how a good ol' brawl would perk me up, you have a potential body for me, and you go and ask LON to do your dirty work for you...I see how it is now....:p ;)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: Oh...oh, fine. I've been telling you for WEEKS how a good ol' brawl would perk me up, you have a potential body for me, and you go and ask LON to do your dirty work for you...I see how it is now....:p ;)you want to strangle my evil aunt? i am laughing so hard i can barely type!!!
CARLA

Free Financial Advice

Post by CARLA »

LON, I'm close to retirement. I have a little in my 401K.. I lost all my saving when I was disabled for 10 years.. I have never been able to recoup it.. What is the quickest and best investment to make money fast.. I'm not talking millions just enough to have for retirement..:confused:

Thank you for any advice you can give me.. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

lady cop wrote: no, i would like you to go there and strangle her.:) .. i will pay you.

My hexes work better and they are free. Check out your aunt on Saturday the 1st after 6 PM EST and you will see.
BabyRider

Free Financial Advice

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: you want to strangle my evil aunt?
Well sure! Help a friend out and relieve some stress all in one fell swoop? Why the hell not?!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

CARLA wrote: LON, I'm close to retirement. I have a little in my 401K.. I lost all my saving when I was disabled for 10 years.. I have never been able to recoup it.. What is the quickest and best investment to make money fast.. I'm not talking millions just enough to have for retirement..:confused:

Thank you for any advice you can give me.. ;)

Unfortunately there is no quick or best investment that will guarantee that you will make money fast. There are quick investments that will almost surely guarantee that you will loose money, however. No one should attempt to answer your question without more information.
CARLA

Free Financial Advice

Post by CARLA »

Lon, Your so right.. It sure would be nice if there was a fast way..

LC, Heck where is this evil aunt.. I can off her for you... no problemo sweetie.. She sounds like a witch to me..:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

oh bollocks i just did 6666...i am doomed.
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

lady cop wrote: oh bollocks i just did 6666...i am doomed.

Not to worry---------I did a reverse hex. Your fine. Also at 667.
BabyRider

Free Financial Advice

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: oh bollocks i just did 6666...i am doomed.
Hey!! Ya made it!!! WOOHOO!!! Now, all you have to worry about is when you hit 66,666 posts!!! :yh_nailbi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Free Financial Advice

Post by lady cop »

Lon wrote: My hexes work better and they are free. Check out your aunt on Saturday the 1st after 6 PM EST and you will see.i am taking this very seriously. this evil old witch took my mother's engagement ring from me. how low can one get? she is a billionaire and took my Mom's ring?? i will dance on her grave.
Accountable

Free Financial Advice

Post by Accountable »

Lon, I can research domestic (US) stocks pretty easily. Where can I go to research international stocks? I hear eastern European commodities are worth checking out.
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

Accountable wrote: Lon, I can research domestic (US) stocks pretty easily. Where can I go to research international stocks? I hear eastern European commodities are worth checking out.

Although I monitor Foreign Currencies, I do little or nothing with international stocks other than those available through the discount brokerages via ADR. I have had CX for 8 months and it's worth checking out.
Accountable

Free Financial Advice

Post by Accountable »

Cx?
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

Accountable wrote: Cx?

Cemex----------Stock Symbol is CX
Mookey1229

Free Financial Advice

Post by Mookey1229 »

Any good advice for this troubled market we are seeing these days? What is best to invest in on a limited budget? Just want to get a starting point. Tried Mutual Funds, but they didn't do very well. They were suggested by a broker too... UGH! We had a great portfolio at one time, but needed it for medical purposes. Now we are starting all over again.... What are your recommendations? :-5
Mookey1229

Free Financial Advice

Post by Mookey1229 »

yea, I was just searching forums and ran into it. Hope we can get some good tips... I sure need them..
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

Mookey1229 wrote: Any good advice for this troubled market we are seeing these days? What is best to invest in on a limited budget? Just want to get a starting point. Tried Mutual Funds, but they didn't do very well. They were suggested by a broker too... UGH! We had a great portfolio at one time, but needed it for medical purposes. Now we are starting all over again.... What are your recommendations? :-5

Have 6 months income in hard cash deposits (bank, mattress, coffee can) before you ever invest a dime, plus medical insurance, life insurance, disablity insurance.
Mookey1229

Free Financial Advice

Post by Mookey1229 »

Got that now. Where do I go from here?
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

Mookey1229 wrote: Got that now. Where do I go from here?

Once you have got all those things together give me a post.
susie

Free Financial Advice

Post by susie »

Lon wrote: I have decided to offer free financial advice on this Forum. A sorta like-----Ask Lon. Considering the fact that I got paid for doing this at one time, it's a great deal. I take no responsibility for any advice given and ask that you consider the source.

Hi

May I ask what type of financial advice

Tax planning, inheritance tax, stocks and shares?

As I may need some help

Thanks
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

susie wrote: Hi

May I ask what type of financial advice

Tax planning, inheritance tax, stocks and shares?

As I may need some help

Thanks

I have some degree of expertise in each of these areas.
watermark

Free Financial Advice

Post by watermark »

Hi Lon, I was reading Galbally's advice column and saw at the bottom of a page you had your own financial advice for free. Are you still into doing this? If so I thought I'd question you on some things if that's alright?

First,

What percentage of my income should I invest in a retirement account, how much of my paycheck should I save for travel, gifts for birthdays, Christmas, and for midrange goals for something like landscaping my backyard? Do I need a separate account for each of those categories? I do have two savings accounts where I have something put into each on a monthly basis, maybe I should be putting more in them.

I think I'm ok in regards to having 6 months of my salary in cash. I have all the insurances, except life. Don't need that one because of my ex, he'll take care of the kids if I die.

Also would you recommend I put my cash in a cd for a year or so? Or buy a mutual fund or pick my own stocks? Also what do you think about socially responsible investment funds? Do you think they will make a good return if I put my retirement money there?

I'm 46 and have some retirement now. I don't want to work where I am for longer than 10 more years. I am looking into getting another job on the side. Not sure what though. That's about it I think. If you need any other info just let me know.

Thanks, you provide a great service here!

Erin
watermark

Free Financial Advice

Post by watermark »

Hi Lon,

Saw you were on FG and wondered if you didn't see my post or want to reply to my post? I asked a question about finance on your advice column, wondering if you were still available to answer this type of inquiry. If not, I'm cool. :cool:

If so my questions are on the prior post to this one, above this one, from watermark. If you don't have time to consider all my questions, I guess my most important one would be, what would be the smartest thing to do with any liquid asset? Spend it, save it, invest, confine to a coffee tin?

Thanks, I know you are busy so I don't expect an immediate answer, just if you get around to it. I'm just bumping the thread up to the top in case you hadn't seen it yet then you might be alerted to it if you're online that is, which you may not be, in which case just nevermind.

There are tons of financial advisors where I live. Btw if I went to one of them people how much should I expect to pay-I live south of Colorado, almost directly below, where free and reduced hot lunches in the public schools is approximately 65%, take or leave 2-10%?

Thanks much,

Erin
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

watermark;741112 wrote: Hi Lon, I was reading Galbally's advice column and saw at the bottom of a page you had your own financial advice for free. Are you still into doing this? If so I thought I'd question you on some things if that's alright?

First,

What percentage of my income should I invest in a retirement account, how much of my paycheck should I save for travel, gifts for birthdays, Christmas, and for midrange goals for something like landscaping my backyard? Do I need a separate account for each of those categories? I do have two savings accounts where I have something put into each on a monthly basis, maybe I should be putting more in them.

I think I'm ok in regards to having 6 months of my salary in cash. I have all the insurances, except life. Don't need that one because of my ex, he'll take care of the kids if I die.

Also would you recommend I put my cash in a cd for a year or so? Or buy a mutual fund or pick my own stocks? Also what do you think about socially responsible investment funds? Do you think they will make a good return if I put my retirement money there?

I'm 46 and have some retirement now. I don't want to work where I am for longer than 10 more years. I am looking into getting another job on the side. Not sure what though. That's about it I think. If you need any other info just let me know.

Thanks, you provide a great service here!

Erin

Sorry Erin that I missed your post. Although I did make a living giving financial advice, my initial post was really in jest and the responses to it were also in jest and not of a serious note.

For me to attempt to give you the advice you seek in this Forum or even private email, it could do more harm than good. Without a detailed account of your tax records, income statements, health history and answers to many, many questions I would do you a disservice to even try.

Find a FEE ONLY PLANNER, preferably someone that has a professional designation like CFP, ChFc, CPA. You would pay them so much per hour for advice. Avoid anyone that works on commission at this point in your search for financial advice. Good luck to you.
watermark

Free Financial Advice

Post by watermark »

Lon;741537 wrote: Sorry Erin that I missed your post. Although I did make a living giving financial advice, my initial post was really in jest and the responses to it were also in jest and not of a serious note.

For me to attempt to give you the advice you seek in this Forum or even private email, it could do more harm than good. Without a detailed account of your tax records, income statements, health history and answers to many, many questions I would do you a disservice to even try.

Find a FEE ONLY PLANNER, preferably someone that has a professional designation like CFP, ChFc, CPA. You would pay them so much per hour for advice. Avoid anyone that works on commission at this point in your search for financial advice. Good luck to you.

Your thread was in JEST??? How in the world would the mods let you post this then? I can see something like relationship advice but, but, your thread? I have been duped. I demand a refund! Shame on you Lon. Oh well, to be expected I guess. Just to let you know, I don't like fee only planners because they want a higher price. So I will make my own decisions.

Hostily yours,

Erin

PS, no wonder people aren't richer around here :rolleyes:
Lon

Free Financial Advice

Post by Lon »

watermark;741540 wrote: Your thread was in JEST??? How in the world would the mods let you post this then? I can see something like relationship advice but, but, your thread? I have been duped. I demand a refund! Shame on you Lon. Oh well, to be expected I guess. Just to let you know, I don't like fee only planners because they want a higher price. So I will make my own decisions.

Hostily yours,

Erin

PS, no wonder people aren't richer around here :rolleyes:

Anyone that accepts any kind of advice from someone on the net that they really don't know, has a reality problem.

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”