Guns at school

nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

We had a 2 hour lock down at the HS. It seems some kids set a classroom on fire and pulled out their guns. My kids thought it was a joke when they announced the lockdown and said "This is not a drill" twice. I had to yell at them that it was not a drill and to take this seriously. You should have seen the shock on their faces. We covered the windows, locked the doors and put the desks in a circle and sat in the middle of them. Some of the girls started crying. Security came by to check the doors and yelled at us not to open them for anyone - including security. No one was hurt. Needless to say the HS lost 1/2 of their substitute teachers today.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

I wasn't scared. Maybe I'm stupid. The kids were my priority. I read my book to them and we played hangman and tic-tac-toe.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

Sorry I didn't call and tell you T-Girl. I promise I won't post stuff on the Garden before I call you. :-4
webbie

Guns at school

Post by webbie »

Glad All Worked Out Well And No One Was Hurt. Used To Be That School Was The Only Safe Place That Some Kids Had. Too Bad That Is Not The Case Any More.:-5
"WHAT ME WORRY!":-5
nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

webbie wrote: Glad All Worked Out Well And No One Was Hurt. Used To Be That School Was The Only Safe Place That Some Kids Had. Too Bad That Is Not The Case Any More.:-5

Dang Webbie - isn't that the TRUTH. Wasn't like that when I was in HS
webbie

Guns at school

Post by webbie »

WHEN I WAS IN HS IN THE EARLY 60's, ALL OF US BOYS HAD KNIVES AND MOST OF US ALWAYS HAD A RIFLE AND/OR A SHOTGUN IN OUT TRUCK HANGING IN A GUN RACK, AND NO ONE THOUGHT ANYTHING OF IT. BUT THAT WAS 45 YEARS AGO IN THE HILLS OF KENTUCKY. DO THAT NOW AND YOU WILL END UP IN JAIL REAL QUICK. OOOOH FOR THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

webbie wrote: WHEN I WAS IN HS IN THE EARLY 60's, ALL OF US BOYS HAD KNIVES AND MOST OF US ALWAYS HAD A RIFLE AND/OR A SHOTGUN IN OUT TRUCK HANGING IN A GUN RACK, AND NO ONE THOUGHT ANYTHING OF IT. BUT THAT WAS 45 YEARS AGO IN THE HILLS OF KENTUCKY. DO THAT NOW AND YOU WILL END UP IN JAIL REAL QUICK. OOOOH FOR THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

REDNECK - I luv ya....... that was my breeding...:wah:
webbie

Guns at school

Post by webbie »

NVALLEYVV-------MINE WAS IN HARLEN KY. WHERE WAS YOURIN. STILL HAVE LOTS OF FAMILY THERE--STILL WORKEN THE MINES AND SCRAPING FOR A LIVIN:guitarist
nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

webbie wrote: NVALLEYVV-------MINE WAS IN HARLEN KY. WHERE WAS YOURIN. STILL HAVE LOTS OF FAMILY THERE--STILL WORKEN THE MINES AND SCRAPING FOR A LIVIN:guitarist

A ranch in southern NM the Bible belt.because my Grandpa had TB and they moved from the midwest - Call me NV
webbie

Guns at school

Post by webbie »

Nv Yes The Good Ole Bible Belt. Its Just As Bad As It Used To Be Down In The Southeast. I Love Nm. Used To Drive Thru There All The Time When I Was Trucken For A Living
nvalleyvee

Guns at school

Post by nvalleyvee »

What do you do now? I met my husband cause he was a trucker.
webbie

Guns at school

Post by webbie »

I Am Retired Due To A Stroke In 2000. I Now Watch My Grand Kids Grow Up, Garden A Little, Farm A Little, And Teach Fire Courses A Little. I Stay Busy But Am Not Doing What I Love. I Worked For Crete Carrier Corp Out Of Lincoln.ne For 18 Years.
abbey

Guns at school

Post by abbey »

nvalleyvee wrote: We had a 2 hour lock down at the HS. It seems some kids set a classroom on fire and pulled out their guns. My kids thought it was a joke when they announced the lockdown and said "This is not a drill" twice. I had to yell at them that it was not a drill and to take this seriously. You should have seen the shock on their faces. We covered the windows, locked the doors and put the desks in a circle and sat in the middle of them. Some of the girls started crying. Security came by to check the doors and yelled at us not to open them for anyone - including security. No one was hurt. Needless to say the HS lost 1/2 of their substitute teachers today.Glad you and the kids are ok NV.

What age were these kids with guns?
orangesox1

Guns at school

Post by orangesox1 »

You know what makes me feel awful about it. I was out shopping and totally oblivious to what you were going through, that makes me feel really bad, :( If I could have done something to help you I would have.:)

Return to “Societal Issues News”