New member from Illinois

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

Hi all,

I am new here. I am going to try and figure this all out. :)
Odie

New member from Illinois

Post by Odie »

Hi and welcome!

don't let any of us scare you......it just takes time.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

New member from Illinois

Post by Sunshine »

smokin-no-more;1194592 wrote: Hi all,

Hi there and welcome.

I'm from Illinois too. What large city are you near?

Hope you stay and play. Everyone here is really nice or is it are very nice? Anyway, nice to meet you. :D
Kindle

New member from Illinois

Post by Kindle »

Welcome and congratulations on kicking the habit....................:-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
hoppy

New member from Illinois

Post by hoppy »

Hi neighbor. I live next door. Iowa. Get some beer and I'll be over.:D
Nomad

New member from Illinois

Post by Nomad »

smokin-no-more;1194592 wrote: I am going to try and figure this all out. :)

Good luck with that.

You'd be the 1st.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

New member from Illinois

Post by qsducks »

smokin-no-more;1194592 wrote: Hi all,

Nomad;1194647 wrote: Good luck with that.

You'd be the 1st.

Just don't take any directions from Nomad:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

New member from Illinois

Post by OpenMind »

Welcome SNM.

Hope you like it here. Lot's to talk about.:-6
along-for-the-ride

New member from Illinois

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hello, smokin-no-more. I'm originally from Illinois.

Here's a welcome mat for you. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
chonsigirl

New member from Illinois

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi there! :)
Peg

New member from Illinois

Post by Peg »

Welcome to the garden. :-6
Kathy Ellen

New member from Illinois

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Smokin...welcome to the garden. Good on you for giving up the cigs. I gave them up awhile ago and will never smoke again:-6
Odie

New member from Illinois

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1194616 wrote: Hi neighbor. I live next door. Iowa. Get some beer and I'll be over.:D

oatmeal and beer?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Vesuvius

New member from Illinois

Post by Vesuvius »

Hi and where did you find that picture of me as a baby :yh_rotfl
hoppy

New member from Illinois

Post by hoppy »

Odie;1194777 wrote: oatmeal and beer?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Don't knock it 'til you tried it.:yh_rotfl
CARLA

New member from Illinois

Post by CARLA »

Somkin WELCOME to the GARDEN..!! :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

kazalala

New member from Illinois

Post by kazalala »

HI there:D stay awhile post a bit:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

New member from Illinois

Post by qsducks »

greetings from Philly...stay awhile & chat with us.
Odie

New member from Illinois

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1194823 wrote: Don't knock it 'til you tried it.:yh_rotfl

okay boss!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

psst......mom's the word......don't tell anyone here that I tried it.:sneaky::lips:
frugalgrannie

New member from Illinois

Post by frugalgrannie »

:)

:yh_coffee Good Morning! :)

(((WELCOME smokin-no-more!)))

I just put the coffee pot on.

Would you like a cup?

Nice to see you!

:yh_dance

kazalala

New member from Illinois

Post by kazalala »

Dont forget to have a wander round the garden and see whats on offer:D and of course ,, join in!!:guitarist

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
frugalgrannie

New member from Illinois

Post by frugalgrannie »

Swimming maggie

New member from Illinois

Post by Swimming maggie »

Welcome from the sunny north of England, hope you enjoy it here on FG:-6
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) I am off to wander around and read different threads.

Truthfully I wish I was a smokin-all-the-time!!!! This quitting is for the birds! I am 10 days in so far.........not that long and I feel like (bad word )! I miss my cigs. :confused: :-1
frugalgrannie

New member from Illinois

Post by frugalgrannie »

smokin-no-more;1195760 wrote: Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) I am off to wander around and read different threads.

Truthfully I wish I was a smokin-all-the-time!!!! This quitting is for the birds! I am 10 days in so far.........not that long and I feel like (bad word )! I miss my cigs. :confused: :-1

You're doing better than me with dieting. I just can't seem to stay on a diet longer than 10 minutes, let alone 10 days!

Keep on Keepin On!
Odie

New member from Illinois

Post by Odie »

smokin-no-more;1195760 wrote: Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) I am off to wander around and read different threads.

it gets worse before it gets better.;)
Sunshine

New member from Illinois

Post by Sunshine »

ah but 10 whole days!!!! Proud of you. :D You will feel bad until all the toxins are out of your system. Try drinking a lot of water. I hear that helps flush them out faster. Withdrawel is **** but you are well on your way so don't give up quite yet. I'm rootin for ya.
flopstock

New member from Illinois

Post by flopstock »

Have you eaten an orange lately? or any fruit, for that matter. it's amazing how quickly the taste buds return... might explain why we start eating so much...:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

kazalala

New member from Illinois

Post by kazalala »

I quit in march,, after smoking for 34 years! still not smokng,,, go have a read of my journal,, its in the journals area(obviously:rolleyes:) Its called I wonder, and gives a sort of account of how its been for me so far:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

New member from Illinois

Post by kazalala »

valentine;1196136 wrote:

Congratulations Kaz, that is wonderful!!!!!!! You did great!! How do you feel after this much time? Any different? Hope so! :-4

well i feel better than i did in the first week or so ,, but still not totally able to say i have done it!:o its a ot easier now though ,, so im juts hanging on for another 2 or 3 months to see how i feel then:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

I was a bad girl today. I smoked a 1/2 a cig. :( Shame on me.
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

I am going to have to start all over again.........:mad: GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frugalgrannie

New member from Illinois

Post by frugalgrannie »

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Tomorrow's another day.

This worked for me, one time when I quit... [and I quit many times] :o

When I was trying to quit smoking, I would allow my to smoke a little.

BUT, I would only allow myself to smoke cigarettes I hated!

Strong Cigars, & O-L-D stale cigarettes were allowed.

It was weird, but it worked for me!smokin-no-more;1197606 wrote: I am going to have to start all over again.........:mad: GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

Yeah I slipped, but I went almost 2 weeks..........:-5

I am really PO'd at myself!!!!! :-3
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

I think I will go to bed and dream a wonderful dream. Night all!
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

Kaz,

I just saw your post. I am going to read your account tomorrow. This is a hard row to hoe and if you never smoked you have no idea.....

Thanks....:)
kazalala

New member from Illinois

Post by kazalala »

smokin-no-more;1198191 wrote: Yeah I slipped, but I went almost 2 weeks..........:-5

I am really PO'd at myself!!!!! :-3

Smoke... did you have to go to the shops to buy cigs,,, or did someone else offer it you,, or is someone else smoking around you ,,,

If you have to be around smokers in the first few weeks that will make it harder,,i know that cos myhubs tried i dont know how many times to give up ,, and whn i said i was he said he would as well,, and it was only then i realised how hard it must have been for him all those other times with me still smoking,, and easier for him to crumble. Because we both stoppped together i think this made it easier for us,,, also even if we go out now theres no smoking in any pubs or restaurants here now so that helped as well.. Its not easy i smoked for 34 years,, If you need any help,, or want to ask anything just feel free,, i will help in any way i can ,, just pm me:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
smokin-no-more

New member from Illinois

Post by smokin-no-more »

Kaz,

Yes, someone is chain smoking around me. :( My Aunt who lives with me off and on.

I went and read your journal. I have felt all those things so far. Being dizzy, confused, the horrible craving. I am so tired and hungry all the time. I am mean to boot. My poor hubby and kids.

On a funny note my 17 year old son, who has fussed at me for years to quit smoking, came home yesterday and told me that his friend's Dad had quit smoking. He said "Mom if Larry can quit so can you"! I looked at him and said "Son I haven't had a cigarette in two weeks". His mouth dropped open and he looked over at his older sister for confirmation. She laughed at him so hard and told him yes, it's true. Poor kid.....
kazalala

New member from Illinois

Post by kazalala »

smokin-no-more;1199711 wrote: Kaz,

Yes, someone is chain smoking around me. :( My Aunt who lives with me off and on.

I went and read your journal. I have felt all those things so far. Being dizzy, confused, the horrible craving. I am so tired and hungry all the time. I am mean to boot. My poor hubby and kids.

On a funny note my 17 year old son, who has fussed at me for years to quit smoking, came home yesterday and told me that his friend's Dad had quit smoking. He said "Mom if Larry can quit so can you"! I looked at him and said "Son I haven't had a cigarette in two weeks". His mouth dropped open and he looked over at his older sister for confirmation. She laughed at him so hard and told him yes, it's true. Poor kid.....

ahhhh see that is going to make it so muvh harder for you... for a long time:( all the things you are feeling are normal and have reason,,, both physical and mental,,, try reading this link ,, scroll down on it and have a proper read ,, it explains a lot and in my case was the reason i decided to give it a go ,, it helped know what to expect and therefore be able o deal with it.

WhyQuit - Nicotine Withdrawal and Recovery Symptoms

are you still not smoking after your slip up? you said your aunt lives with you off and on,,, is thre a time that would eb better to give you a good start when she is not living with you for a time?

If you are still trying ,, good luck, and like i said ,, pm me if you want to ask anything or just have a rant about it:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Introductions”