Chinese Jews

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
Supersilly@rse

Chinese Jews

Post by Supersilly@rse »

Accountable;445031 wrote: What's the mileage on those things?

Ooof! That was a true 'LOL' moment! Raised heads and eyebrows in my office! :wah:
Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

this person of no particular race ,who was not fat skinny ,bald ,blonde ,red head ,was not busty or flat chested, was not blind ,and spoke with no accent whats so ever

was standing in a butchers shop

boing boing boing this rabbit comes in and hello butcher pound of carrots please

butcher sorry we dont sell carrots we are a butchers shop

next day boing boing boing rabbit comes in again pound of carrots please

butcher look i told you yesterday we dont sell bloody carrots dont ask again

next day boing boing boing rabbit hello butcher pound of carrots please

butcher goes mad look we are a butchers shop we will never or have never sold carrots if you ever come into this shop again and ask for carrots i will get my hammer and nail you to the wall by your big long ears

next morning boing boing boing rabbit er hello butcher erm do you have any nails

butcher noooo

rabbit in that case i'll have a pound of carrots please :D :D

crap joke i know but its the only one i know that wont offend any one:(
cherandbuster

Chinese Jews

Post by cherandbuster »

As a sidebar . . .

JIMBO! I love your avatar picture -- it that you with your friend Paddy? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

cherandbuster;445111 wrote: As a sidebar . . .

JIMBO! I love your avatar picture -- it that you with your friend Paddy? :-6

no its my other daughter:)
cherandbuster

Chinese Jews

Post by cherandbuster »

jimbo;445112 wrote: no its my other daughter:)

My sympathy to you then :thinking: :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

cherandbuster;445114 wrote: My sympathy to you then :thinking: :)

no cher its my son john :wah: :wah:
cherandbuster

Chinese Jews

Post by cherandbuster »

jimbo;445117 wrote: no cher its my son john :wah: :wah:

How old is he, Jimbo?

I may regret saying this :rolleyes:

But you look very handsome,virile and masculine in your picture :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

cherandbuster;445119 wrote: How old is he, Jimbo?

I may regret saying this

But you look very handsome,virile and masculine in your picture :-4

you seem suprised :wah:

hang on you know i'm the one on the right yes:D

the other is my son john aged nearly 22

there is a picture of paddy on the bereavment thread:(
YZGI

Chinese Jews

Post by YZGI »

What color was the rabbit Jimbo?
Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

YZGI;445136 wrote: What color was the rabbit Jimbo?

black :wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:
YZGI

Chinese Jews

Post by YZGI »

jimbo;445141 wrote: black :wah: :wah: :wah:

Yup, Had a feeling.:wah:
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

Uh uh, Jimbo!! That joke is offensive to little bunnies and animal rights people!! :yh_wait

JUST KIDDING!!!!! :wah:

I see two very handsome men in your new avatar photo! That is a great picture, Jimbo! :)
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;445031 wrote: What's the mileage on those things?

Now THAT was danged funny! :wah: Witty, too. Wish I had thought of that!
Rapunzel

Chinese Jews

Post by Rapunzel »

Diuretic;445642 wrote: I liked the rabbit joke :D

How do you stop a rabbit from jumping on the bed?

Stick velcro on the ceiling. ;)

(Tongue VERY firmly in cheek) ;)
AussiePam

Chinese Jews

Post by AussiePam »

Amazing how selectively ForumGarden members respond to racism !
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

double helix

Chinese Jews

Post by double helix »

AussiePam;445664 wrote: Amazing how selectively ForumGarden members respond to racism !

NO, everyone is not the same here in Forum Garden. We are as diverse as a populations of the world and, though all do not follow the same path, there is a general consenseous of the warmth and the correctness of being able to laugh at oneself, ones ethnicity, along with ones friends, aquaintences and family. We have our share of radicals, nerds, attention seekers etc. But generally we are not sheeples. NOT!!!
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

I like how you put that, DH. :-6
double helix

Chinese Jews

Post by double helix »

RedGlitter;445671 wrote: I like how you put that, DH. :-6

Thank you. Sometimes passion can inspire one. :)
Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

those horrible slanty eyes i really hate them

but thats enough about italics for now :wah: :wah:

honest what did you think i was going to say

there is racism every where if you look for it i believe its about the intent that matters and i have yet to see anyone intend to racially offend any one on f g

you people that are looking for the p c stick to bash people and stir things up every where i believe you do more harm to racial harmony then the bigots honestly i do :thinking:
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah: :wah:

"slanty i's" That got me to rolling! Where do you come up with these, Jimbo?? :)

Thoughtful comments, I think.
Accountable

Chinese Jews

Post by Accountable »

jimbo;445691 wrote: [bad joke deleted:yh_sick]

there is racism every where if you look for it i believe its about the intent that matters and i have yet to see anyone intend to racially offend any one on f g

you people that are looking for the p c stick to bash people and stir things up every where i believe you do more harm to racial harmony then the bigots honestly i do :thinking:
Hear! Hear! :yh_clap :yh_clap
Accountable

Chinese Jews

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeControl;445797 wrote: I tend to see sexual innuendoes everywhere, so what does that say about me?:confused:
That you should stop peeking in my windows?
Supersilly@rse

Chinese Jews

Post by Supersilly@rse »

SnoozeControl;445797 wrote: I tend to see sexual innuendoes everywhere, so what does that say about me?:confused:

What do they look like? I've often wondered.

I think they might look like a lava lamp, but without the lamp or the lava....
Rapunzel

Chinese Jews

Post by Rapunzel »

Supersilly@rse;445830 wrote: What do they look like? I've often wondered.

I thought you wondered what Acc's windows looked like! *slaps head* :-5

I wondered how windows could look like lava lamps........ :rolleyes:

I need a cup of tea!

:wah:
Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

Supersilly@rse;445830 wrote: What do they look like? I've often wondered.

you mean they might look like just a plug and a lenght of electrical wire :wah:
Saffron

Chinese Jews

Post by Saffron »

OMG! IT's not a racial joke. For Pete's sake! IT's a word joke. I think it's hilarious!

Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Saffron

Chinese Jews

Post by Saffron »

Rapunzel;445653 wrote: How do you stop a rabbit from jumping on the bed?

Stick velcro on the ceiling. ;)

(Tongue VERY firmly in cheek) ;)
I've heard that joke before, but in a different way; it was "how do you keep your kids from jumping on the bed"?

Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Saffron

Chinese Jews

Post by Saffron »

Diuretic;444509 wrote: A bloke I used to know many years ago was a Greek. He was a former paratrooper in his country's army and when he came to Australia he got his private pilot's licence. He was flying from where he lived (an outback opal mining town called Coober Pedy) to Adelaide, the state capital, about three hours in a single engine aircraft. There was a random safety check by the air traffic control people who radioed George and asked him if he had a safety beacon on board. George couldn't quite understand what he was being asked and radioed back, "We got eggs and we got salami but we got no bacon". Apparently the air traffic control blokes were in fits when they worked it out. George used to love tellng that story.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Saffron

Chinese Jews

Post by Saffron »

helefra;443490 wrote:

What surprises me is that many people can attack Scientology, post derogatory statements and even make fun of it's religion however, I will not attack back. I don't see the point in arguing, it will get you nowhere. So I follow what L. Ron Hubbard states when people attack us:-

Okay, but when a person attacks Scientology or a Scientologist, the Scientologist claims it is because the person has "overts" and "witholds". Or that the person is just a criminal. This is not true. These are just more fallacies that people operate on in the "church" of scientology. :-5

I know this because I worked for the "church" of Scientology. In the real world, a person should and can say or write whatever she or he wants to expess themselves. This is a God given right. But when I was in the "church" of Scientology, these rights were slowly taken away from me, as I was not allowed to espress my opinions about a cult. So I had to leave.

After I left, one of the real big jerks told me I was not to talk about scientologists or scientology or I'd be "declared". I reminded him of my rights as a citizen of the U.S. and as a human being.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

jimbo;445691 wrote: you people that are looking for the p c stick to bash people and stir things up every where i believe you do more harm to racial harmony then the bigots honestly i do :thinking:

interesting contention. can you point to any non-bigot 'pc' people who have murdered a black man for whistling at a white woman? how about burning a black man alive simply for the fact he was black?

no, i think bigots do a remarkably 'good' job of screwing up racial harmony. being overly sensitive to other people's feeling usually doesn't wind up taking a life.

i agree that 'pc' can be taken too far. but along with other contentions in this thread, i've yet to see anyone specifically point to whom they believe is being overly 'pc'. just indiscriminate hectoring about something that apparently hasn't occurred in this thread, which is a rather weird approach. "why don't you all stop bashing other people with the pc stick"... "oh, i'm not referring to anyone in particular , it's just a general observation".

the reading comprehension seems to be excruciatingly poor. oh, i'm not referring to anyone in particular in this thread. just a general observation!

here's the simple, direct, easy to understand statement from me: seeing "Chinese Jews"

on the front page of forumgarden makes this place look hostile, not friendly. this is not a closed forum. FG gets lots and *lots* of guest views by people who do not have an account. Someone coming by FG at random might figure the place was filled with simpleminded asshats seeing that on the front page. i certainly would.

but maybe not. maybe "we" want to attract the feebleminded to forumgarden. i can't speak for others, so hey, if that's your crowd, go ahead and rock your own world.

oh, but let me be sure and point out: i'm just expressing my opinion! this isn't directed at ANYONE who has posted in this thread! whee!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

Anastrophe,

What is it that makes you so nasty to people? I ask sincerely. :confused:
Carl44

Chinese Jews

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;446090 wrote: Anastrophe,

oh was he being nasty i just thought he was a muppet
BabyRider

Chinese Jews

Post by BabyRider »

SnoozeControl;446104 wrote: If the big concern is that some stranger inadvertently wandered in here and saw "Chinese Jews" on the home page and would think we're all a bunch of 'asshats" for being ignorant bigots, I think you might want to research that a little further.

http://www.haruth.com/JewsChina.html

And as for how the home page appears if something 'unseemly' is posted... so what? There are so many contributions by members in here, the topic most likely wouldn't stay visible for more than a few hours. And who's to decide what exactly is unseemly, hmmm?
Although it will most likely shock the hell out of the majority here, I gotta say "BRAVO SNOOZE!!!!" to this entire post.

If FG suddenly (and it would be SUDDENLY) became a forum where the dedicated contributing members of this board felt that they could not post "off-color" jokes and get people to laugh, or discuss, or debate or just RESPOND in some fashion, I would not be calling FG my second home for long. The upheld freedom of speech and the self-expression available here is one of the most sttractive features of the board.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

BabyRider;446126 wrote: Although it will most likely shock the hell out of the majority here, I gotta say "BRAVO SNOOZE!!!!" to this entire post.

If FG suddenly (and it would be SUDDENLY) became a forum where the dedicated contributing members of this board felt that they could not post "off-color" jokes and get people to laugh, or discuss, or debate or just RESPOND in some fashion, I would not be calling FG my second home for long. The upheld freedom of speech and the self-expression available here is one of the most sttractive features of the board.

BabyRider, I firmly agree.

To answer the earlier posed question, there is a BIG difference between dragging a black guy down the street or whatever the example was, and laughing at a joke that some will deem "racial." I hope you can see the difference and not think one leads to the other. :thinking: My point is not that everyone should agree with me, certainly not. All I'm saying is that I really strongly dislike being improperly labelled upon assumption and I hate when people try to tell others what the heck they can say.

Thanks.
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

RedGlitter;446090 wrote: Anastrophe,

gracious. who in particular was i nasty to?
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

SnoozeControl;446104 wrote: If the big concern is that some stranger inadvertently wandered in here and saw "Chinese Jews" on the home page and would think we're all a bunch of 'asshats" for being ignorant bigots, I think you might want to research that a little further.

http://www.haruth.com/JewsChina.html

And as for how the home page appears if something 'unseemly' is posted... so what? There are so many contributions by members in here, the topic most likely wouldn't stay visible for more than a few hours. And who's to decide what exactly is unseemly, hmmm?

nobody is deciding. i'm merely sharing my opinion.
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

RedGlitter;446172 wrote: BabyRider, I firmly agree.

To answer the earlier posed question, there is a BIG difference between dragging a black guy down the street or whatever the example was, and laughing at a joke that some will deem "racial." I hope you can see the difference and not think one leads to the other. :thinking: My point is not that everyone should agree with me, certainly not. All I'm saying is that I really strongly dislike being improperly labelled upon assumption and I hate when people try to tell others what the heck they can say.

Thanks.

who labeled you? could you be specific? who told anyone what they could or could not say? could you be specific?
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

RedGlitter;446172 wrote: BabyRider, I firmly agree.

To answer the earlier posed question, there is a BIG difference between dragging a black guy down the street or whatever the example was, and laughing at a joke that some will deem "racial." I hope you can see the difference and not think one leads to the other. :thinking:

can you be more specific as to whose question you are answering? someone was asking whether there's a difference between killing someone and making a joke about it? i'd like to read the actual question if you can point to it. it seems a daft question to ask, a person would have to be an imbecile to not know the difference, so i find it surprising it was asked.
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

anastrophe;446210 wrote: can you be more specific as to whose question you are answering? someone was asking whether there's a difference between killing someone and making a joke about it? i'd like to read the actual question if you can point to it. it seems a daft question to ask, a person would have to be an imbecile to not know the difference, so i find it surprising it was asked.

Hello Anastrophe.

I was actually referring to your comment about were there any non-PC people who had killed a white man for whistling at a white woman, or killed a black guy because he was black. (I'm not pasting your quote because when I try to do that, it shuts my windows) What I took you to mean was that telling an ethnical/stereotypical joke was somehow exemplifying hatred. To me, a bigot is an ugly word for an uglyminded ethnicist person. I don't feel the joke in question or in fact, a lot of jokes I've heard present the teller or the laughers as bigots. It's not just you, Anastrophe. I am including anyone who would like me to believe that all of these jokes are insensitive. I did not single you out nor am I sure why you thought I did. I was reacting from all the PC stuff and being told if I find the joke funny then I am obviously insensitive to people's feelings and selectively racist, etc. My name was never mentioned but since I am one who laughed, I presume I was included.

If you weren't trying to be nasty, then I sincerely apologize for my comment. I have not seen you around much and possibly don't know how to "read" you yet. Perhaps you feel the same about my posts. Even with emoticons, sometimes just the way people choose to write comes across differently than intended.

I can appreciate your point about "outsiders" seeing "chinese jews" in a post, I just don't share the same opinion. I would worry more about what current FGers think, and I do care or else I wouldn't keep posting in this thread. I honestly did not find the joke offensive or mean. With all the members in this place, I imagine we could have some people who we could call bigots. But I don't think any of them are in this thread.

I appreciate that you also think PC can go too far at times. I guess we all have different ideas about when those times are.

Maybe this part should be a PM but I'll say it here anyway. I was sincere when I suggested you and I try and start over; meet properly. I was not being sarcastic. Of course that may not be something you'd like to do and I can accept that but the offer's there just the same. I have no personal problems with you or anyone else I've met here so far. Again, I am sorry if I insulted you previously with my comment. Thanks. :)
double helix

Chinese Jews

Post by double helix »

anastrophe;446069 wrote: interesting contention. can you point to any non-bigot 'pc' people who have murdered a black man for whistling at a white woman? how about burning a black man alive simply for the fact he was black?

no, i think bigots do a remarkably 'good' job of screwing up racial harmony. being overly sensitive to other people's feeling usually doesn't wind up taking a life.

i agree that 'pc' can be taken too far. but along with other contentions in this thread, i've yet to see anyone specifically point to whom they believe is being overly 'pc'. just indiscriminate hectoring about something that apparently hasn't occurred in this thread, which is a rather weird approach. "why don't you all stop bashing other people with the pc stick"... "oh, i'm not referring to anyone in particular , it's just a general observation".

the reading comprehension seems to be excruciatingly poor. oh, i'm not referring to anyone in particular in this thread. just a general observation!

here's the simple, direct, easy to understand statement from me: seeing "Chinese Jews"

on the front page of forumgarden makes this place look hostile, not friendly. this is not a closed forum. FG gets lots and *lots* of guest views by people who do not have an account. Someone coming by FG at random might figure the place was filled with simpleminded asshats seeing that on the front page. i certainly would.

but maybe not. maybe "we" want to attract the feebleminded to forumgarden. i can't speak for others, so hey, if that's your crowd, go ahead and rock your own world.

oh, but let me be sure and point out: i'm just expressing my opinion! this isn't directed at ANYONE who has posted in this thread! whee!

I hardly concider myself to be feeble minded. A poor speller yes, but that hardly makes me feeble minded. Yet I was attracted to Forum Garden just because of its open invitation to STATE MY MIND. So, perhaps "you" want to make people like ME unatractive for fourm garden and WEED, people like ME out before they ever open a forum garden thread.

This response was directed at you, anastrophe . There's the spoon, so, keep one stiring the ****, won't you?
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

RedGlitter;446219 wrote: Hello Anastrophe.

I was actually referring to your comment about were there any non-PC people who had killed a white man for whistling at a white woman, or killed a black guy because he was black. (I'm not pasting your quote because when I try to do that, it shuts my windows) What I took you to mean was that telling an ethnical/stereotypical joke was somehow exemplifying hatred.
but this is what my argument is with regard to these exchanges we're having - you've either misrepresented, or misconstrued, what i wrote. if you're misrepresenting what i wrote, it's a rhetorical game, which i don't care for. if you've misconstrued what i wrote, then i'm not being clear enough in what i write, so it rests on me. here's the exchange:

jimbo wrote:

i replied with a rhetorical question, and replied to it:

paul wrote:

interesting contention. can you point to any non-bigot 'pc' people who have murdered a black man for whistling at a white woman? how about burning a black man alive simply for the fact he was black?

jimbo stated that he believes that "you people" (presumably non-bigoted, 'pc' people) do more harm to racial harmony than those who are actually bigoted. i think it's a ridiculous contention, when the clear effects of real bigotry are patently available for anyone to see. my reply had nothing to do with ethnic jokes specifically or whether those who use them are bigoted, contrary to how you responded, and i'm not sure how what i wrote could be so misconstrued.

To me, a bigot is an ugly word for an uglyminded ethnicist person. I don't feel the joke in question or in fact, a lot of jokes I've heard present the teller or the laughers as bigots.

but that's part of the problem. because there's no way to empirically state that XYZ is or is not bigoted. it's a subjective determination, and it's one of many shades and degrees. for example, this joke - is it bigoted or a harmless laugh?

Q: How do you define "confusion"?

A: Father's Day in Harlem.

it's a bit of sociological observation in some ways, as it's certainly been shown statistically that fathers tend to be absent from black households in larger proportion than in caucasian households in the US. so, harmless? or is it bigoted for suggesting that this is the norm in black communities, regardless of the statistics? it's a matter of degrees, and personal discretion. i certainly wouldn't feel comfortable making that joke in the presence of someone i didn't already know, who knew that i am not a bigot.

how about this joke:

Q: Why don't Blacks drive convertibles?

A: Their lips would slap them to death in the wind.

where does it lie on the continuum between harmless and bigoted? it's a judgement call. to me, it's patently offensive and mean-spirited. i would never repeat that to someone i didn't know (this use as an example aside, of course).

It's not just you, Anastrophe. I am including anyone who would like me to believe that all of these jokes are insensitive. I did not single you out nor am I sure why you thought I did. I was reacting from all the PC stuff and being told if I find the joke funny then I am obviously insensitive to people's feelings and selectively racist, etc. My name was never mentioned but since I am one who laughed, I presume I was included.

well, of course, since you said "I presume" i can't make the ASSume comment. oh well. i believe most ethnic jokes are insensitive, when repeated by someone who isn't the ethnicity that's the target (though the specific circumstances do make a difference). much like your comment that there's a substantial difference between committing acts of violence towards an ethnic group and simply making jokes about them, i contend that there's a substantial difference between laughing at someone who is different from us, and laughing with someone who is different from us.

If you weren't trying to be nasty, then I sincerely apologize for my comment.
i've not been trying to be intentionally nasty, i'm merely testy, because my comments seem to keep being misconstrued.

I have not seen you around much and possibly don't know how to "read" you yet. Perhaps you feel the same about my posts. Even with emoticons, sometimes just the way people choose to write comes across differently than intended.

sure. i can be blunt and testy, happens all the time. i have strong feelings on the matter. i'm frustrated because i keep saying one thing - essentially "i think these jokes are insensitive and inappropriate", and it seems like everyone else reads that as me saying "you all must stop making insensitive and inappropriate jokes". they're two different statements.

I can appreciate your point about "outsiders" seeing "chinese jews" in a post, I just don't share the same opinion. I would worry more about what current FGers think, and I do care or else I wouldn't keep posting in this thread. I honestly did not find the joke offensive or mean. With all the members in this place, I imagine we could have some people who we could call bigots. But I don't think any of them are in this thread.

I appreciate that you also think PC can go too far at times. I guess we all have different ideas about when those times are.

frankly, i didn't find it particularly mean or offensive either - only mildly so. however, the followup joke someone made (about putting velcro on the ceiling) i found quite offensive, and that's where things diverged.

Maybe this part should be a PM but I'll say it here anyway. I was sincere when I suggested you and I try and start over; meet properly. I was not being sarcastic. Of course that may not be something you'd like to do and I can accept that but the offer's there just the same. I have no personal problems with you or anyone else I've met here so far. Again, I am sorry if I insulted you previously with my comment. Thanks. :)

we have actually interacted before, but you may have forgotten. in some other thread about religion you gave me high praise for something i wrote (naturally, i can't remember it). i think that may be what set my tone harsher, as i was surprised by what i thought were comments directed at me.

as someone who tends to be emotionally hypersensitive, perhaps i can be excused for the way my emotions vacillate. i yam what i yam. it's not uncommon for people who are insecure and have low self-esteem to act in an aggressive, hyper-inflated manner as compensation. i'm a living, breathing science experiment in that regard.
anastrophe

Chinese Jews

Post by anastrophe »

double helix;446260 wrote: I hardly concider myself to be feeble minded. A poor speller yes, but that hardly makes me feeble minded. Yet I was attracted to Forum Garden just because of its open invitation to STATE MY MIND. So, perhaps "you" want to make people like ME unatractive for fourm garden and WEED, people like ME out before they ever open a forum garden thread.

This response was directed at you, anastrophe . There's the spoon, so, keep one stiring the ****, won't you?

sadly, once again you've misconstrued what i've written, even when i made the post utterly over the top in pointing out that i was also STATING MY MIND.

i defy you or anyone else in this thread to point to a single sentence i've written in this thread where i've even hinted that i want to get rid of anyone, or censor anyone. go ahead. make me look like a chump. make yourself look like a hero for showing me to be a liar.

or, stop taking my words and wrapping them around your own misconceptions.
RedGlitter

Chinese Jews

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi again. I read your reply quite a few times and thought it over before coming back to answer. You have made several valid points. I agree that one person's acceptable joke can be another's idea of insensitivity. The first joke you posted I found humorous even though I can see where someone else may not. I applied that same joke to a few other ethnicities and cultures and I guess why I find it amusing it because I personally see some factuality in it. Certainly not all black (or people of your choosing) people are cranking out kids left and right with everybody they know, but I do recognize the fact of some within the exaggeration. I don't think that makes me a racist (and I am not saying you implied I was) but I can see where some people would think I was insensitive. In that example, I would not be bothered if they did. The other joke you posted I do find tasteless and juvenile and would not want anyone to think I found it funny, which I don't. I might laugh at one-legged man jokes (although not in front of an amputee) and the occasional fat joke (but not to a fat person) but generally speaking, I find jokes about people's personal and physical characteristics or stereotypes of such, to be uncool. I think there may be two points here: 1. that you never know who you may offend and 2. that it's not very possible to keep from offending *someone* at some point about something.

I guess I misunderstood you in regard to Jimbo's post. That's my fault for letting my emotion override my intelligence. In fact, I read and reread several times before I understood what was actually said by both parties. My apologies to both you and Jimbo.

This annoyance I have about "PC" has been long-brewing. I've been in other threads here where some have to come along and say "Nuh uh! That's insensitive!" Not necessarily about ethicity either. It just seems it's everywhere. I think being more aware is a good thing but I also think it's become too much and yet another way for humans to judge each other. You may have noticed in some other threads on here that I abhor censorship. I abhor the KKK too, for example, but if I want free speech for all then I have to tolerate their ignorant drivel as well.

I do remember complimenting you on what you wrote in the religion thread and even though I cannot recall specifically what it was at this moment, you may be certain I meant it.

I understand how any of us can get touchy about issues. I have my own hot buttons too and when I feel one's been pushed, I can really let go on someone. It wasn't you specifically, in fact, it was probably a lot less you than it was others but it was you I let loose on and I'm no stranger to the hostility I can present. :o

Yes, I can certainly excuse you for being "hypersensitive" as I can be as well, so maybe you could forgive me too?

Thank you for your very thoughtful post!

:)

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”