Post by Clodhopper »

Yawn. Bed for me. G'night all.....
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Accountable

seal cull to go ahead in canada

Post by Accountable »

G#Gill;819333 wrote: [...]

I still say that seals are not to blame for the dwindling fish stock - it is the human race over-fishing.

So this cannot be a reason for culling seals. It is purely for money.
Well, we and the seals are culling the fish down to the point there may not be enough for both of us. Another alternative might be to develop a taste for seal, but I think that the fish is a more renewable resource (I could be wrong about that).

Of course, we could cull the human population to a point that the seals have enough fish to eat, but I don't think that'd be real popular among the voters.
spot

Post by spot »

You show me a seal that can spend two hours wearing headphones listening to the 1998 Garbage v2 CD - the one with Paranoid and Medication on it - and I'll show you a seal I'd give house room to.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;819765 wrote: You show me a seal that can spend two hours wearing headphones listening to the 1998 Garbage v2 CD - the one with Paranoid and Medication on it - and I'll show you a seal I'd give house room to.

What !!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Pheasy;819768 wrote: What !!
He said something about his medication making him paranoid. ... and someone needs to take the garbage out since 1998. :thinking:
spot

Post by spot »

Pheasy;819768 wrote: What !!

I wondered whether I could still outrage anyone.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;819774 wrote: I wondered whether I could still outrage anyone.

:wah::wah: I fell for it :-5:-5:-5 damn it Spot I will get you back!! :wah:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

spot;819718 wrote: Then she should learn to use quotes more precisely. "I wasn't quoting you" is just such an astounding thing to respond with given the circumstances.

Spot, stop. Not everything is about you. We've had these talks before where YOU or SOMEONE demands proof of soul's existence. I was heading all of you off at the pass.

Then call me astounding I guess. Now may we carry on?
spot

Post by spot »

RedGlitter;819835 wrote: Spot, stop. Not everything is about you. We've had these talks before where YOU or SOMEONE demands proof of soul's existence. I think you'll find that all I did was to ask what possible relevance "soul" has to the question under discussion. It was Gill who piled in shouting about souls being an essential aspect of heart and brain and I politely suggested to her that if she insisted on saying so she should at least be prepared to explain what the word meant.

You want the words? "PROVE THEY HAVEN'T GOT A SOUL !!!!! All creatures with a heart and brain have a soul !!!". Do they sound like mine? I think not.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

spot;819844 wrote: I think you'll find that all I did was to ask what possible relevance "soul" has to the question under discussion. It was Gill who piled in shouting about souls being an essential aspect of heart and brain and I politely suggested to her that if she insisted on saying so she should at least be prepared to explain what the word meant.

You want the words? "PROVE THEY HAVEN'T GOT A SOUL !!!!! All creatures with a heart and brain have a soul !!!". Do they sound like mine? I think not.
Spot, I've been back but a day and I swear this is what you were saying to someone when I left. It makes me tired! If I had purposely quoted you personally, I would say so but since I didn't, I am not. I think I'm done here now. Back to the seal killing!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

spot;819844 Paraphrased to blah blah blah[/quote wrote:

[quote=RedGlitter;819870 Paraphrased to an astounding blah blah blah

Alright you two pups. Gimme that sock back and play nice. :mad:
spot

Post by spot »

RedGlitter;819870 wrote: Spot, I've been back but a day and I swear this is what you were saying to someone when I left. It makes me tired!
Try very hard and put into a coherent sentence what it was that I was saying to someone when you left. I was asking what possible relevance "soul" has to the question under discussion? I doubt that, I don't think I've ever asked that before. That I'd been mis-quoted? That happens quite often, why shouldn't I mention it as often as it happens, it's in the same league as slander in an environment like this. What was I saying to someone when you left that sounded like what I was saying the day you came back?
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

A bullet in the brain

Quick and humane.

But wait. Many of you animal huggers are anti- firearm too. This is a poser.
spot

Post by spot »

It's simple enough to settle, this. We just have to take a dozen or so seals to the next UK meet.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Hey Spot, I have rounded up a dozen seals for my UK visit ... is it okay we stay at your place ... the seals are getting quite excited about it all :D
spot

Post by spot »

Somebody pass me my bludgeon.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;823166 wrote: Somebody pass me my bludgeon.

:D :D Now be nice. I am training my seals in the art of Spot torture. They are getting pretty good at bringing down loan bicyclist with one slap :D
spot

Post by spot »

I'm not above taking hostages, pheasy. I'll have you tied to a crane jib and dangling over the docks before you can cry Jack Robinson, just like in the silent movies. You can scream and all that'll happen is a graphic saying "Help! Help!" will appear.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

hoppy;822714 wrote: A bullet in the brain

Quick and humane.

But wait. Many of you animal huggers are anti- firearm too. This is a poser.

That's really not a nice comment to make Hoppy.....really unnecessary. Can't we just agree to disagree and not be sarcastic:confused: This is an issue that truly hurts and upsets quite a few of our members.

Return to “Conservation The Environment”